"WALTZ INTO VIENNA!" Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna by balhannah

Vienna Travel Guide: 7,887 reviews and 20,665 photos

Neptune Fountain - Vienna
Neptune Fountain

VIENNA

Mention VIENNA to me, and my thoughts are of the Vienna Boys Choir, the Viennese Waltz and a beautiful city

I never expected to visit, but visit we did, in 2013.
We had a few days here and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our time in Vienna.

The inside of Schonbrunn Palace was magnificent.

UNFORTUNATELY NO PHOTO'S WERE ALLOWED

Vienna - Vienna

Vienna

The tourist attractions of Vienna concentrate in three distinct areas. Schönbrunn Palace
Museums and exhibitions of Hofburg Palace
Museums Quarter

In 2013, Vienna was ranked the world’s most livable city for the fifth consecutive year.
Vienna receives 5.8 million tourists a year, that is a lot of people.

We stayed at an excellent Hotel at Modling, and caught the Train into central Vienna

Please join me on a VIRTUAL WALK AROUND VIENNA. I think you will enjoy what you see
I DID!

Our first stop is at SCHONBRUNN PALACE

Sightseeing in Vienna - Vienna

Sightseeing in Vienna

Did you enjoy your time walking and seeing the sights of Vienna? We did, just wish we allowed more time! I do think we covered a fair bit though!

Now we are going back to Modling for the night, then moving onto
BADEN BEI WIEN.

• Cons:Expensive!
  • In a nutshell:Wonderful city!
  • Last visit to Vienna: May 2013

• KARLSKIRCHE FRESCOES # 2 - Vienna

KARLSKIRCHE FRESCOES # 2

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Thank you Dee for bringing back memory about Vienna, where I have been two times. We're planning to visit it again this September on the way to Germany. I'll be back to go on reading you very interesting page.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
      Sep 15, 2016 at 11:42 AM

Unfortunately we couldn't visit Vienna this year as we were planning in September... Thank you Dee you refresh my memory about out previous visits in this beautiful city. I'll be back to go on reading.

Sep 15, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Such a shame, I hope you can make it another time:) Thanks for returning!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2016 at 2:02 AM

An impressive collection of tips about Vienna! I have only read your first 40 tips so far, but will be back for more at some point.
    My last visit to Vienna was a business-and-opera trip, and it was the year before I joined VirtualTourist so I have no photos.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
      Apr 30, 2016 at 4:49 AM

Me again, back to read the rest of your detailed and enthusiastic Things to Do tips. It really is amazing how many fantastic buildings and statues there are in this city.

May 1, 2016 at 1:33 AM

Thanks Don! I love architecture and statues and there were plenty here. Such a wonderful city.

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Your photos from Vienna are amazing, Dee. Really enjoyed reading your tips. Shame photography is prohibited in Schonbrunn. It's very frustrating to be in such a place and not take photos. I had that problem at the Royal Palace in Madrid. You see all the gold and just want to take photos! :)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2015 at 12:38 AM

Dee, I have great memories of my short stay in Vienna too! Thanks for your comprehensive page about the Opera City!

Mar 9, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Thanks for visiting Victor! Need heaps of time for these huge cities, we have nothing like them in Australia!

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Makes up great my long ago short stay on the City ;-)))

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I visited Schönbrunn between flights many years ago. I mostly remember that it was so crowded that I had to queue to enter some of the rooms. Unfortunately I didn't have time to see much more than the interior and then take a short walk outside. There seem to be things to see that can fill a whole day of sight-seeing.

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:14 PM

You need to come in the side season, not too bad then. I would hate to look through it in high season. One of the nicest interiors I have ever seen, no photos allowed so disappointing. All I can remember now is it was great, nothing else about the interior. If I had a photo, it would bring back the memories. The garden is wonderful and "those" fountains, incredible! I think you really could spend a whole day here.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Very helpful page, Dee. Hope to see Vienna in 2016 (talk about long range planning, hahaha!) and your page will be a great help.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Excellent page Dee! The palance gardens, statues, fountains and the gorgeous detail to each of the lovely structures. Simply spectacular and you captured them so well with your photography. Great information too because I do appreciate the effort folks but into them such as yourself.

Jun 15, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Thanks ever so much for your kind comments. Really appreciated as it makes me feel the time and effort has been worth while.

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Great Vienna page. I'm going there for the first time this weekend. Cheers!

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2014 at 6:43 AM

I enjoy in your Vienna page. I assume it would be more stories! I will follow your page!

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
      May 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I was reading your detailed reviews of Schonbrunn. I learn so much! Thank you!

May 10, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Thanks! I really enjoy researching what I have seen, find the details really interesting. Pleased to hear you enjoy the details, makes it worth while!

balhannah's Profile Photo

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Vienna