Bangkok Things to Do Tips by CoffeeFiend
Bangkok Things to Do: 3,015 reviews and 6,064 photos
My husband and I and and our two boys spent our last day before we left Bangkok this April learning to cook our favorite Thai dishes at the home of a gourmet cook. Angsana Andersson (yes, she's Thai but is married to a Swede) is sweet, smart, and a wonderful teacher. Because we wanted to not only understand what to shop for but also to bring back a few hard-to-find items, she met us at a shopping center and helped us shop. We then jumped in her car and traveled to her home, where we spent several hours cooking. Her fee of 1000 Baht per person (perhaps a tad more for one or two people) included four dishes (actually eight because we paired up and had a competition), all the ingredients, and pictured recipe cards to take with us. There are more formal schools where you get a certificate and so on, but I was very interested in having the experience of being in a Thai person's home and being able to ask a lot of questions about the food and culture. We had a delightful time, the food was the best we had in Thailand (Angsana's family has a rich tradition in cooking). I cannot recommend Angsana highly enough. Do yourself a favor and contact her! You will really love the experience. Angsana is located near the Sky Train in the Sukhumvit area. Her e-mail address is [email protected], her website is www.thaihomecooking.com, and her number is 0-1455-5808. Enjoy!
Address: Sukhumvit, Bangkok
Other Contact: [email protected]
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
No friends yet.
- Grand Palace- 313 Reviews, 618 Photos
- Temple of the Dawn - Wat Arun- 168 Reviews, 331 Photos
- Wat Pho- 234 Reviews, 502 Photos
- Chatuchak Weekend Market- 110 Reviews, 162 Photos
- Day Trip - Damnoen Saduak Floating Market- 115 Reviews, 237 Photos
- Day Trip - Ayutthaya- 63 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Temple of the Golden Buddha - Wat Traimit- 63 Reviews, 126 Photos
- Massage- 49 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Baiyoke Tower- 31 Reviews, 89 Photos
- Jim Thompson House- 69 Reviews, 128 Photos
See All Bangkok Things to Do