"Borobudur OTBP" Borobudur by theo1006
Borobudur Travel Guide: 256 reviews and 644 photos
If you want a different experience of Borobudur, come for the celebration of Waisak, the Buddhist New Year.
The date is different each year, therefore consult our Indonesian Holiday Calendar.
Admission fees: As a foreign visitor you have to pay USD 20 for admission to the Borobudur park, children and students half price. For Indonesian residents (including expats) the fee is Rp 40,000; children and students Rp 12,500 (July 2012). Combined tickets are also available: Borobudur and Prambanan USD 30, Borobudur and Ratu Boko USD 27; students half price. These combined tickets are valid one day only!
From August 17th, 2012, one is also obliged to wear a batik sarung and soft footwear when one climbs the temple. As for the sarungs, these are provided for free - of course you have to return them at the end of your visit.
theo1006's Related Pages
Borobudur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Under Contruction - Raffles' Other Discovery"
- "Borobudur, lost in time"
- "IMPREXXION: YOGYAKARTA-BOROBUDOR-PRAMBANAN"
- "Central Java - Borobudur"
- "Magical Borobudur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Borobudur
- Hotels in Borobudur
- Transportation in Borobudur
- Nightlife in Borobudur
- Restaurants in Borobudur
- Shopping in Borobudur
- Warnings and Dangers in Borobudur
- See All...
Explore the World
- Vashon Island Hotels
- Glacier National Park Hotels
- Mount Dora
- Ichetucknee Springs State Park Hotels
- New Hampshire
- Parish of Westmoreland
- Honeymoon Island Hotels
- Danby Castle Hotels
- Bovington Camp Hotels
- San Juan Capistrano
Badges & Stats in Borobudur
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 135 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Borobudur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Borobudur
- Commented on one of theo1006's Borobudur tips
- updated a Borobudur Travel Page "Borobudur OTBP"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Borobudur OTBP"
- Replied to MaBaWiTa's Travel Borobudur Forum Forum Question "Borobudur - Wonosobo - Dieng..."
- Wrote a Review Suroloyo, a different view of Borobudur in Borobudur Off The Beaten Path
Photos in BorobudurSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 55 reviews, 290 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 22 reviews, 149 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banda Aceh Intro, 28 reviews, 111 photos