pfsmalo's profile photo

pfsmalo

paul Online Now
"I've spent all me money on whisky and beer!!"
  • 1,787

Travelogues

Trinidad

Udaipur

Destination Pages

Arches National Park - Landscape Arch.

Utah, United States of America

Morocco
Krabi
Utah
Vietnam
Travel Pages by pfsmalo (282)

Personal Pages (7)

Favourite people photos

More favourite people photos.

Favourite b + w photos

Favourite b + w photos - people.

jonathanbarker's Profile Photo
jonathanbarker Dec 24, 2016 at 8:53 AM

Happy belated Birthday and Christmas wishes Paul

lisselleC Dec 22, 2016 at 3:07 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Good food and wine'. Definitely need too check this area out :-)

• lisselleC Dec 22, 2016 at 12:29 PM

My map doesn't extend that far so I have done a 'google walk' - of the area you have suggested - this is now definitely on my list!

pfsmalo Dec 22, 2016 at 12:38 PM

Good for you Lisselle

planxty's Profile Photo
planxty Dec 21, 2016 at 10:16 AM

What can I say, mate?

For various reasons I will not bore you with I have not been on VT for a few days which is a rarity for me as you know. From previous answers it seem the December weather did not "shine" on you but then it was unlikely to. If it is any small consolation, it has been ball-freezing in the place of your birth and the drizzle has just started again.

I see from previous responses that you were keeping a couple of bottles warm, good man, I am always impressed by your behaviour! I do hope you had a great day and have loads planned up for the forthcoming 365 days (can't be a leap year in '17, can it?).

Best to you and your good lady and hopefully we shall speak soon.

fergy.

pfsmalo Dec 22, 2016 at 3:06 AM

Like yourself I've walked and driven past it so many times, that it has become a blur on the memory. Googling it brought back some inklings but it looks like many other churches in the area, and visiting or entering churches when I was a kid just didn't happen. Quite a bit of info there on the 'net about St Anne's and the pyramid. Hope the head is feeling better, so have a great time over the (festive) season. We're off to Costa Rica at the end of January so our paths may cross somewhere in the interim.

• planxty's Profile Photo
    planxty Dec 22, 2016 at 3:24 AM

Cheers mate,<br/><br/>I'm fine thanks. I think the reason it looks so similar to so many others in the East End (even down to Greenwich) is that it is a Hawksmoor and you really cannot mistake his style. St. George's in the East, Christ Church, Spitalfields, St. Alfege's, Greenwich etc. etc. Perhaps it is some sort of inherent childlike inquisitiveness but it gave me inordinate pleasure to "discover" this place I had passed by so many times as you have.<br/><br/>Have a great time in CR, I have to say I have central America very firmly fixed on the radar, probably Panama on the recommendation of a Canadian friend. Have a great festival (whatever you choose to celebrate or not at all but there will be no avoiding it in France) and we shall speak soon,<br/><br/>fergy.

HeshamMA's Profile Photo
HeshamMA Dec 21, 2016 at 5:38 AM

Happy Birth day and wish you great new year !

pfsmalo Dec 21, 2016 at 5:45 AM

Thank you Hesham and hope you have a fine end of year too.

Usctwin's Profile Photo
Usctwin Dec 20, 2016 at 10:37 AM

Ack, happy belated! Hope you did something fun to celebrate!

pfsmalo Dec 20, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Thank you Kimberly, bit damp and foggy here on Sunday so we kept a couple of bottles warm.....

Gillybob's Profile Photo
Gillybob Dec 20, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Belated birthday greetings, Paul. Hope you had a great time.

pfsmalo Dec 20, 2016 at 3:54 PM

Thanks very much Gilly, yes a good day was had by all

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs Dec 19, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Happy belated birthday! Greetings from frosty Chicagoland :-)

pfsmalo Dec 19, 2016 at 1:28 PM

Thank you Kristi, with the damp it doesn't seem much warmer here

Sinosphere's Profile Photo
Sinosphere Dec 19, 2016 at 7:19 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Drive in Thailand without an international driving licence?'. I appreciate your advice.

hopang's Profile Photo
hopang Dec 18, 2016 at 11:48 PM

Hi Paul, We want to wish you a very very happy birthday. Hope you have a really really great day! Greetings from Sweden. ~ho & pang

Treshi's Profile Photo
Treshi Dec 18, 2016 at 9:19 PM

Many Happy Returns of the day!!