Bangkok Things to Do Tips by Fleetz
Bangkok Things to Do: 2,982 reviews and 5,984 photos
Angsana my teacher and owner of Thai Home Cooking
I had the pleasure of attending Angsana's cooking class in her home in Bangkok. What a pleasant and rewarding experience it was, so much so I did another class with her a few days later!
Angsana offers a different cooking class experience as you are able to select the dishes you want to do rather than a structured menu as most offer. You also a have a unique experience of doing all the cooking in a Thai home. The knowledge and experience Angsana has gained in Thai cooking stems from her cooking with her mother and grandmother, truly Thai home cooking. I requested a dish that is a favourite from our Thai restaurant back home Angsana wasn't aware of it however her mother was. Angsana then cooked the dish the day before I had the class, then prepared the professional handout recipe and taught the dish flawlessly on the day of my class....WOW!!
Angsana has excellent English, teaching skills and great sense of humour making her class not only a great way to learn home style Thai cooking but a truly enjoyable experience too! Very much a hands class Angsana makes sure you get your hands dirty doing the preparation and cooking of each dish. During the class many questions and answers were provided along with loads of suggestions.
You prepare and cook your selected dishes with her professionally prepared and presented recipes which are yours to keep so you can repeat the selected dishes for your family and friends back home. At the end of cooking each dish you sit down and get to eat dishes you cooked...... be warned do not eat breakfast!
I have tried a number Thai cooking classes in Thailand and I can highly recommend Angsana's Thai Home Cooking as one of the best!
Angsana has a website www.thaihomecooking.com and is conveniently located just off Sukhumvit Soi (Street) get there by BTS sky train or as I did by meter taxi for just 45 baht. Her email is [email protected] and can be contacted on 08 1455 5808. I am sure you will enjoy the experience!
Address: Sukhumvit Soi 61 Bangkok
Directions: Easy to get to using BTS Sky Train or Taxi
Phone: Mobile 08 1455 5808
Fleetz's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
- Ko Samui 1 review, 5 photos
- Port Douglas 1 review, 4 photos
- Chiang Mai 1 review, 3 photos
- Bangkok 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.
- Grand Palace- 312 Reviews, 614 Photos
- Temple of the Dawn - Wat Arun- 165 Reviews, 320 Photos
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market -Daytrip- 114 Reviews, 232 Photos
- Chatuchak Weekend Market- 110 Reviews, 162 Photos
- Wat Pho- 241 Reviews, 509 Photos
- Daytrip - Ayuthaya- 63 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Baiyoke Tower- 31 Reviews, 89 Photos
- Massage- 49 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Temple of the Golden Buddha - Wat Traimit- 63 Reviews, 126 Photos
- Patpong Night Market- 33 Reviews, 49 Photos
See All Bangkok Things to Do