Bangkok Things to Do Tips by Micgwit
Bangkok Things to Do: 2,982 reviews and 5,984 photos
Hello, I have just returned from my cooking class with the lovely and charming Angsana.
We started out by meeting up near 'On Nut' BTS and then on to the local market there to buy our ingredients. Angsana explained what some of the more unusal items in market were as well as poining out how to buy the best ingredients at the market; for example how a Pappaya should look and feel to make the best Pappaya salad.
Following our shopping trip it was straight back to Angsana's home to commence our cooking. Here we first met and greeted Angsana's Husband Christopher and her beautiful daughter Victoria. Then into the kitchen for some chopping, cleaning, Mortar and Pestle grinding and other forms of preparing our ingredients before the actual cooking.
It was all great fun and I did pick up quite a few good tips whilst we were cooking. I cook Thai food every week back in France where I live but I took this course to try out new dishes and to see if I could make one of my staple favourites, Gaeng Ga Rii Gai, (yellow chicken curry), taste more authentic than it does in my kitchen. Guess what? Success! I now know exactly where I was going wrong. My other 2 dishes were as I said new to me and they turned out to be very, very tasty, (Aroy Dee Mak).
aftyer completing all the cooking and tasting Angsana packed all my efforts up securely for me so I could take them back to our apartment to eat for our dinner tonight.
I think Angsana' cooking class is extremeley good value for money. This cooking lesson is a one on one course, it included the visit to the market, the cost of all the ingredients, a couple of taxi rides, Angsana's attentive time, use of her kitchen and home, and packaging of the finished items along with copies of the recipes, so I can ensure I follow everything carefully back home, and best of all....I don't have to fork out anymore money for tonights dinner.
If you love Thai food and want to try to cook it yourself then this is the course for you. This is not just you in some group of others in a large commercialised kitchen, this is cooking in a real Thai home with a real Thai cook.
Thank you again Angsana for a brilliant lesson.
Address: Near 'On Nut' BTS station
Directions: At the market and in Angsana's home.
Other Contact: email [email protected]
Phone: 08 1455 5808
Micgwit's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Top 5 Pages
- Bandera Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Zion National Park Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monument Valley State Park Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stoupa Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand 8 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
- Grand Palace- 312 Reviews, 614 Photos
- Temple of the Dawn - Wat Arun- 165 Reviews, 320 Photos
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market -Daytrip- 114 Reviews, 232 Photos
- Chatuchak Weekend Market- 110 Reviews, 162 Photos
- Wat Pho- 241 Reviews, 509 Photos
- Daytrip - Ayuthaya- 63 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Baiyoke Tower- 31 Reviews, 89 Photos
- Massage- 49 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Temple of the Golden Buddha - Wat Traimit- 63 Reviews, 126 Photos
- Patpong Night Market- 33 Reviews, 49 Photos
See All Bangkok Things to Do