Bangkok Things to Do Tips by Micgwit

Bangkok Things to Do: 2,982 reviews and 5,984 photos

One on One Thai Cooking Lesson Cookery Classes Review

Hello, I have just returned from my cooking class with the lovely and charming Angsana.
We started out by meeting up near 'On Nut' BTS and then on to the local market there to buy our ingredients. Angsana explained what some of the more unusal items in market were as well as poining out how to buy the best ingredients at the market; for example how a Pappaya should look and feel to make the best Pappaya salad.

Following our shopping trip it was straight back to Angsana's home to commence our cooking. Here we first met and greeted Angsana's Husband Christopher and her beautiful daughter Victoria. Then into the kitchen for some chopping, cleaning, Mortar and Pestle grinding and other forms of preparing our ingredients before the actual cooking.
It was all great fun and I did pick up quite a few good tips whilst we were cooking. I cook Thai food every week back in France where I live but I took this course to try out new dishes and to see if I could make one of my staple favourites, Gaeng Ga Rii Gai, (yellow chicken curry), taste more authentic than it does in my kitchen. Guess what? Success! I now know exactly where I was going wrong. My other 2 dishes were as I said new to me and they turned out to be very, very tasty, (Aroy Dee Mak).

aftyer completing all the cooking and tasting Angsana packed all my efforts up securely for me so I could take them back to our apartment to eat for our dinner tonight.

I think Angsana' cooking class is extremeley good value for money. This cooking lesson is a one on one course, it included the visit to the market, the cost of all the ingredients, a couple of taxi rides, Angsana's attentive time, use of her kitchen and home, and packaging of the finished items along with copies of the recipes, so I can ensure I follow everything carefully back home, and best of all....I don't have to fork out anymore money for tonights dinner.

If you love Thai food and want to try to cook it yourself then this is the course for you. This is not just you in some group of others in a large commercialised kitchen, this is cooking in a real Thai home with a real Thai cook.

Thank you again Angsana for a brilliant lesson.

Address: Near 'On Nut' BTS station

Directions: At the market and in Angsana's home.

Other Contact: email [email protected]

Phone: 08 1455 5808

Website: http://www.thaihomecooking.com/

• Written Mar 22, 2011
Micgwit's Profile Photo

Micgwit

“"I've seen things......................................"”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Bangkok

Have you been to Bangkok?

Friends