planxty's profile photo

planxty

fergy Online Now
I have declared myself an unsafe building!
  • 2,496

Broadstairs
Halifax
Lundy Island
Valletta
Travel Pages by planxty (407)

Personal Pages (19)

UNESCO World Heritage Sites I have visited.

The sky's the limit (1).

The sky's the limit (2).

The sky's the limit (3).

wabat's Profile Photo
wabat Dec 24, 2016 at 12:59 PM

Fergy, I know you dont celebrate it but stillwishing you a peaceful Christmas period and all the best for 2017.

Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo
Flying.Scotsman Dec 7, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Narrowboat Holidays on English canals.'. You've been a huge help.

balhannah's Profile Photo
balhannah Dec 7, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Thank-you Fergy for your congratulations! I am still writing 2013, thank-goodness I am getting to the end, hope to finish before the 2017!

planxty Dec 7, 2016 at 6:12 PM

I reckon I am about four years behind now, I just never seem to get it done.

HeshamMA's Profile Photo
HeshamMA Dec 4, 2016 at 4:29 AM

Happy Birth day Fergy, i wish you a happy new year full of health, wealth and happiness !

planxty Dec 7, 2016 at 12:55 AM

Thank you so much, my friend. I had a fairly quiet day at home as I do not really celebrate birthdays (I am getting too old!) but I did enjoy it.

paddington28's Profile Photo
paddington28 Dec 2, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Hi Fergy,hope you are well. Happy Belated birthday. Hope you enjoyed it. Haven't been on here in a while,due to doing the grave yard shift,to keep those christmas shoppers happy! :-( Will start writing tips again after christmas! Not really a fan of this time of year. (unless i get given a westons cider for christmas. :-) Take care.

planxty Dec 2, 2016 at 5:57 AM

No problem mate, it was a quiet one as always.<br/><br/>I understand the graveyard shift, I have done enough in my time. I also hate this time of year which is why I am migrating South again! Weston's would always help, I do like Old Rosie but I am not sure if she likes me too much!<br/><br/>Speak soon,<br/><br/>fergy.

SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
SWFC_Fan Nov 29, 2016 at 1:05 PM

Wishing you a rather belated Happy Birthday, mate! Hope you had a good one!
Which exotic corner of the globe are your travels taking you to next?

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    SWFC_Fan Dec 6, 2016 at 12:06 PM

That sounds like a great plan, mate! We spent a very enjoyable week in Sri Lanka a few years ago and now, every time I'm looking for some winter sunshine, I ponder a return trip. We only skimmed the surface last time and there's so much more that I want to see there.<br/><br/>If I'm ever fortunate enough to be in a position where commitments don't tie me to the UK for the whole year, then Sri Lanka is right up there as a destination where I'd like to migrate in winter. Spending winters in flip-flops, eating the most amazing veg curries and drinking bottles of Lion Stout is a lifestyle that I could quite easily slip into!

planxty Dec 7, 2016 at 1:06 AM

It is definitely high up on my list, this will be the third time in as many years. I suppose I am somewhat spoiled in that I stay with VT member Treshi in her home on the outskirts of Colombo and travel with her, meet all her friends etc. so it is a real immersion into the country. <br/><br/>I swear it has got so crazy now that all the locals wave to me as I walk down the street in her small "village", the security guys in the local supermarket salute me (embarrassing) and just about every barman in Kottawa greets me like a long lost brother (understandable I suppose). <br/><br/>If you have only "skimmed" it then it is definitely worth a closer look. I would actually seriously consider relocating there, it is that good. Flip flops curries (OK, I am a carnivore but the veg stuff is pretty damned tasty as well and Treshi makes the best curries imaginable) and Lion Lager (I steer clear of the Stout and the Strong as it is about 7.3 % abv or something mad like that) is indeed a way to live. I could die happy, and probably drunk, there. <br/><br/>Speak soon,<br/><br/>fergy.

planxty's Profile Photo
planxty Nov 27, 2016 at 12:44 AM

Thanks a million for the kind wishes, much appreciated.

I had a quiet one at home as is my style (I don't go in for big "bashes") but it was enjoyable enough. The only person I spoke to all day was my Father on the 'phone but that suits me fine.

Speak soon,

fergy.

planxty's Profile Photo
planxty Nov 26, 2016 at 11:37 PM

Thank you so much for your very kind birthday greetings, Swee, they are genuinely appreciated.

Speak soon,

fergy.

DennyP's Profile Photo
DennyP Nov 25, 2016 at 4:40 PM

Sorry a bit late with these wishes mate...Trust you had a blast and a few "coldies"...Cheers Denny..

planxty Nov 26, 2016 at 9:10 PM

No problem Denny,<br/><br/>I have not been on VT myself for a couple of days do thank you so much for your kind wishes. Yes, there certainly one or two ciders that seemed to miraculously evaporate that day! fergy.

jonathanbarker's Profile Photo
jonathanbarker Nov 25, 2016 at 8:32 AM

I hopeyou had a great birthday yesterday fergy

planxty Nov 26, 2016 at 9:07 PM

Thanks Jonathan,<br/><br/>I had a quiet day just hibernating at home which is how I like it, I don't really "do" birthdays but I enjoyed myself well enough. I have now returned to "the fold"!