"tHe Bangkok in my mind.." Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok by yen_2
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,737 reviews and 24,333 photos
The name is abbreviated as Krungthep or Krungthep Mahanakorn, which means City of Angels. The name 'Bangkok' was derived from 'Bang Kork' and refers to the original site. Bangkok is also means as the City of Olives" as Bang means City and kok means Olive as Bangkok has alot of Olives during the past but now vanished.
The place has lots to offer, shopping is Amazingly great with it's Palaces and Tuk-tuk's(motorcyle) in the main high ways..traffic and great people! Bangkok is hot and crowded, but it's fairly clean and lot of fun things to do. The best food is often found on the street as some says, you can never get hungry in Thailand! There's an enormous variety of dirt-cheap things to eat. The food is great with that chili, ginger, big red chillis in that sweet coconut soup! I could live in this place forever since they have the cheapest things in the world...Btw, please be aware of the taxi drivers. As the tourist has gone more and more.Taxi drivers too is getting cazier..well, I'm speaking through my experiences..You can always report them to the neariest Police Station.
Don't forget to bargain streetside! Start in the half of the quoted price and go up from there and do it with a smile..;-)
All my pictures in here are mine, please do not use them in any form without my consent..Thanks!
Well, it's hard to say but I left Bangkok with some imprints that are hard to explain! I know, I will be missing this place.. I guess, we'll keep comin' back...As I had the opportunity to discover this Amazing city while we were living there, I had developed and even have deep love to the people that I encountered everyday. Bangkok will take your breath away! Bustling, chaotic and polluted but loving every moment that I spent..I guess for the past 18 months staying there, I had some enough knowledge and impressions about the area but please..please..don't ask me specific streets as I have problems with their language(I know some basic thai words)! The best place you can fully discover the life of the Bangkokians are in the Chao Phraya River take a long tail boat that will charter to you around the river(sometimes I thought this is ocean), take sometime to check their canals as Thailand was also known as "Venice of the East"..you cannot say something bad about the city without a glimpse of how they live the life and for many reasons, I can say that Bangkok is lovely! Of course, there are up's and down..Take some thai spa, visit the wats and don't forget something from Thailand!
I found this very helpful and useful site and thought of sharing this to all those who are planning and coming here in Thailand specially in Bangkok!Thailand Tourism Page
- Pros:Shopper's Paradise, Great Food, Cheap and Nice People!!!
- Cons:Streets are full of vendors, humid and chaotic Traffic!
- In a nutshell:Let's have some Shoppin'
It's acroos in our apartment again..See, I don't have to go to Sukhumvits just to get drunk, don't I? hehe..I've seen... more travel advice
There are soo much to see and to discover in Grand Palace aside from the main highlight of the common ground which is... more travel advice
- See All Train
- See All Lumpini Park
- See All Elephant images..
- See All Spa Resort
- See All Branded and souvenirs
yen_2's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 109 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 100 Forum posts
- 165 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 109 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chon Buri Intro, 53 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 48 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iligan City Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues