"Roundtrip USA : part 4 San Simeon & Hearst Castle" San Simeon by sim1

San Simeon Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 373 photos

Hearst Castle - San Simeon
Hearst Castle

This is the 5th day of my trip....
I got up early in the morning; because I planned some siteseeing for the day : Hearst Castle! But before I went there, I looked around a bit in the area. I started at the pier of San Simeon. After that I drove along highway 1 (to the north) for a couple of miles. There I watched some magnificent animals on the beach : elephant seals.

• Last visit to San Simeon: May 1998
  • Intro Updated Mar 9, 2005

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 8:13 AM

Call me ignorant, but I have not heard about this place before. So it was a great thing for me to virtually visit Hearst Castle! I hope you are enjoying your sunny summer's April day - my allergies keep me inside the house, but that is perfectly okay!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2005 at 5:23 AM

I'm back on the road with you again Simone! I really enjoyed your pics and tips on the Hearst Castle. You are so right about all the unique roadside things too! By the way, the old wreck is a 1950 Nash 4-door sedan!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2004 at 6:18 PM

nice page. i drove through there myself a few months ago.

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2004 at 8:31 AM

Simone in San Simeon--kind of a tongue twister. Going to visit on Saturday, mainly to see the elephant seals, but might drop by the castle too. Excellent photos.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2003 at 10:30 PM

Hey that's reminds me of our Syrian san Simeon LOL great old car and pool and Castle!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2003 at 11:49 PM

I think San SIMeon was made for you! I love the pics of the Elephant Seals! I'd love to hit a Hearst Garage Sale! Victorian Chair .35 cents!!

• dabuwan's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2003 at 3:33 AM

Again a wonderful page. Beautiful castle and amazing seals!

• Feb 3, 2003 at 7:34 AM

Excellent pictures of the seals and inside the Hearst Castle!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2003 at 1:55 PM

A very ineresting page, Elephant Seals and the old car look fantastic!

• LizC's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2003 at 5:37 PM

A good example of money can buy you everything except happiness. (maybe love too most of the time.)

sim1's Profile Photo

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Badges & Stats in San Simeon

Have you been to San Simeon?