alza's profile photo

Veracruz
Top 5 Page
London
Berlin
Travel Pages by alza (102)

Personal Pages (6)

Adorables mascottes!

photos from smartphone

Summer 'round home

Around home in August

balhannah's Profile Photo
balhannah 21 hours ago

Thanks Lou! Your too kind:) A real shock. I thought Globetrott would be there for the next 10 years.

Porteplume's Profile Photo
Porteplume Nov 24, 2016 at 5:03 AM

Bonjour mon amie Lou & *** Joyeux Anniversaire ***  
Tell us... Comment vas-tu? :)

alza Nov 24, 2016 at 5:46 AM

Bonjour Viviane! Merci pour tes bons voeux. :-) J'étais à Winnipeg et Ottawa depuis le 16 novembre, rentrée hier aprem. Reçu ton message concernant What's App. Je vais explorer ça et te ferai savoir si je décide de l'installer. Tout va super bien ici, je suis heureuse d'être chez moi pour ma fête, toujours une belle journée de réflexion. J'espère que tout gaze pour toi aussi. :-) Je t'écris sous peu (ici ou via email) et enverrai quelques photos de ma famille.
    Excellente journée à toi et aux tiens!

Dabs's Profile Photo
Dabs Nov 14, 2016 at 8:46 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Stop email notices'. Glad I'm not the only one

alza Nov 14, 2016 at 10:03 PM

You're very welcome. You're certainly not alone. On your forum, however, I refrained from going overboard about my dislike of such practices. Glad that was okay.

was_the_beav's Profile Photo
was_the_beav Oct 21, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Ahhhh....and you're still here. Been looking around the old neighborhood after an extended time away. Miss you, my friend. Please, drop me a line? Much love....and a glass or two of some fabulous wine...

alza Oct 22, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Beav! So good to hear from you! Always exciting in fact, as though our irrepressible enthusiasm for everything VT is boosted just seeing your name. Feels like yesterday every time I see you.
    I'll go get the wine now! XX

atufft's Profile Photo
atufft Sep 21, 2016 at 9:39 PM

Bonjour Lou! Happy 16th birthday! I would have like to have you with me during my trip to Mai Ndombe Province in the DRC. French is more widely spoken there than English.

Jefie's Profile Photo
Jefie Aug 24, 2016 at 3:18 AM

Bonjour! Thanks for stopping by my Banff travel page - I've quite a few more tips to add, but I'm glad you think I'm off to a good start! And don't worry, building tips with the new layout is just as easy as it used to be :o)

Galaxy31's Profile Photo
Galaxy31 Aug 20, 2016 at 10:58 PM

Congratulations on your 16th VT birthday.

EasyMalc's Profile Photo
EasyMalc Aug 20, 2016 at 10:29 PM

I'm not sure how you've managed to be on VT 16 years. You don't look much older than sweet 16 :-)

• EasyMalc's Profile Photo
    EasyMalc Aug 20, 2016 at 11:59 PM

Yes. We've received an email highlighting those who have been on VT 16 years. A few weeks ago they started with those who have been on for 19 years. Obviously you didn't get these emails then.

alza Aug 28, 2016 at 9:53 PM

Thank you Malcom, for clarifying the mystery. :-) I don't receive emails from VT (other than policy updates or legal notices.) Cheers!

lmkluque's Profile Photo
lmkluque Aug 20, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Congratulations Lou, on your 16th VT Birthday!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    lmkluque Aug 21, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Yes it is.

PJ wrote his congratulations and that was the first clue. I told him that my VT Anniversary wasn't until 26 September. Then I found the external e-mail with all our names. I was shocked to see so many others, who joined in 2000 and are still active here. So many I've never heard of. Our community is soooooo much bigger than I would have guessed.

Imagine being here 16 years next to so many others I've never met before. I congratulated each and everyone and so far made one new friend. :-) I Love VT!

alza Aug 21, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Good for you Linda!

pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
pieter_jan_v Aug 20, 2016 at 5:50 AM

Lou, Congratulations with your sweet 16 VT membership. PJ

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    pieter_jan_v Aug 21, 2016 at 6:26 AM

It would be nice when I could squeeze a weekend in the trip, but I just have to wait how things develop. PJ

alza Aug 21, 2016 at 7:10 PM

I understand. Advance planning for anything but work while on business travel is risky. We never know when we'll be free to go our way. (I was held up by office duties in Boston once & had to cancel a meeting with friends. Argh!) Just know that I'd be happy to hear from you when you're nearby. Cheers PJ!