"Kothanda Ramar Temple" Top 5 Page for this destination Rameswaram Video by anilpradhanshillong
- Kothanda Ramar Temple
- Date Added: Sep 3, 2011
Barely 12 kms from the Ramaswamy Temple is the Kothanda Ramar Temple, a sub-temple of the Ramaswamy Temple where, the Ramayan say, the brother of the demon king, Ravana, Vibhishana, surrendered to Lord Rama. Surrounded by sand on all sides, there are steep steps leading up to the main hall. Large sized murals depicting the entire scene of Vibhishana coming to meet Lord Rama, surrendering and offering his services, are on the four walls of the main hall.
Rameswaram Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Let Me Tell You A Story"
- "Thirty Feet Above The Ocean"
- "A Major Pilgrim Centre Down South"
- "City of Siva Temple"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rameswaram
- Hotels in Rameswaram
- Transportation in Rameswaram
- Shopping in Rameswaram
- Warnings and Dangers in Rameswaram
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rameswaram
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Rameswaram?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rameswaram
Photos in RameswaramSee All Photos (5)
Videos in RameswaramSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 51 reviews, 217 photos
- Hampi Intro, 36 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues
- Shillong Intro, 35 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucknow Intro, 16 reviews, 115 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombo Intro, 23 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leh Intro, 24 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darjeeling Intro, 17 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination McLeod Ganj Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos
- Ajanta Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos
- Goa Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues