Okitsu Videos

Okitsu Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 83 photos

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #18 taigaa001 Date Added: Sep 9, 2012

At the end of Satta Pass trail is the parking space. From there the agri-road to Yui station goes down. Turn right to the narrower downslope crossing citrus orchard. It is also a start of the Mt. Hamaishi which is a bit challenging. From there to Yui I will put more vids to my YUI page.

• taigaa001's video

The view from Satta Pass lookout. It could have been spectacular view only if Mt. Fuji had been visible that day.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #16 taigaa001 Date Added: Sep 8, 2012

In Japanese, the word "Toge" often translated in English as "Pass" has broad sense not just the point but the path on difficult passage. What we call Satta toge contains the path about 500 meters in length.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #15 taigaa001 Date Added: Sep 8, 2012

As you can see from this video, a lot of people are taking a rest along Satta Pass Trail. It was shot during winter but around this area it was warm.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #14 taigaa001 Date Added: Feb 8, 2012

Mt. Fuji should be over the mountains. It is but barely visible and the unusually little snow around the summit area.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #13 taigaa001 Date Added: Jan 29, 2012

Final climb to Satta Pass.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #12 taigaa001 Date Added: Jan 28, 2012

Satta Pass is not just a point. It is the section of the coastal trail above the ocean. It lasts about five to ten minutes.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #11 taigaa001 Date Added: Jan 23, 2012

Satta Pass Trail starts from the steep climb. But that lasts for no more than five minutes. It is the rare section of the Tokaido which is not paved.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #10 taigaa001 Date Added: Jan 22, 2012

Satta Pass Trail starts from the graveyard. There is a parking space enough even for a tour bus. Also there are some walking poles. Cool idea. Utsunoya should have the similar system. Luckily I didn't need the pole to climb the trail.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #9 taigaa001 Date Added: Jan 22, 2012

As I got closer to the start of Satta Pass trail I saw some hikers. Satta Pass walk seems to be very popular.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #8 taigaa001 Date Added: Jan 19, 2012

It is the part very unlike the old highway. I just followed the signboard...

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #7 taigaa001 Date Added: Jan 19, 2012

As we getting near the entrace of the pass trail I found a nice place with rows of traditional houses.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #6 taigaa001 Date Added: Jan 18, 2012

After walking about few minutes from the monument walking past the temple, I found two blank road signs dividing Jizodo(left) to Tokaido(right). The face of the signs became blank probably because of tire scraping.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #5 taigaa001 Date Added: Jan 17, 2012

After walking along Okitsu river about a few minutes I turned left to the narrower road with stone monument.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #4 taigaa001 Date Added: Jan 17, 2012

Now crossing Okitsu river. It is the place Hiroshige's Okitsu may have been based on. After crossing the bridge, I turned left.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #3 taigaa001 Date Added: Jan 16, 2012

After walking along the Tokaido, there will be a three-way divide. Tokaido route is the middle road.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #2 taigaa001 Date Added: Jan 16, 2012

Walking along the Tokaido about a few minutes from the intersection on the previous video, there is a place with a cluster of old monuments. This is the starting point of Minobu Road the pilgrimage trail to Minobusan Kuonji temple the head temple of Nichiren Buddhism. To get to Satta Pass, never turn from there. Go straight ahead.

• taigaa001's video
    Getting to Satta Pass #1 taigaa001 Date Added: Jan 16, 2012

To get to Satta Pass, you will be walking about one hour either from Yui or Okitsu station. This video shows how to get to Satta Pass from Okitsu station. From Okitsu station, go along the road that leads to the beach and after getting to the wide road , turn left from there.

• taigaa001's video

At Kurokawa Shizen-en.

• taigaa001's video

A stream in Kurokawa Shizenen, one of the biotopes of Shimizu Forest Park,Shimizu-ku, Shizuoka

• taigaa001's video

Kurokawa Shizen-en. Watching pure spring water running is really a stress-reliever.

• taigaa001's video

Shimizu Forest Park is a complex of a number of facilities about ten kilometers north of Okitsu-juku. Spring water of Kurokawa Shizen-en a biotope near the day-trip Onsen.

• taigaa001's video

In Kurokawa Shizen-en, Shimizu Forest Park.
    The clean and pure water is also used for growing wasabi, or Japanese horseradish, an essential seasoning for sushi.

• taigaa001's video

Shimizu Forest Park is located about 10 kilometers north of Okitsu-juku area. It's a huge park. This clip is taken in Kurokawa Shizen-en. a biotope about 200 meters downstream from Yamasemi-no-Yu hot spring.

• taigaa001's video
    Stone Wall of Ojima Jinya #2 taigaa001 Date Added: Jul 23, 2011

Former Ojima Jinya area is now a farmland. So the I could only get the photo from there.

• taigaa001's video
    Stone Wall of Ojina Jinya taigaa001 Date Added: Jul 23, 2011

Stone Wall of Ojima Jinya is well preserved.

• taigaa001's video
    Ojima Jinya #2 taigaa001 Date Added: Jul 23, 2011

• taigaa001's video
    Ojima Jinya #1 taigaa001 Date Added: Jul 23, 2011

Have you been to Okitsu?

Share Your Travels