Cumbria Videos

Cumbria Travel Guide: 1,192 reviews and 3,179 photos

• into-thin-air's video

Just a little video from our walk up Scafell on Friday.
    Leaving the car at the end of Taw House Lonning, walking up through Taw House Farm, then crossing Scales Bridge and walking up the ridge and crossing to Samson Stones, Then up alongside Cam Spout and turning left up Fox’s Gully to Fox’s Tarn and then the last pull up the scree to the summit of Scafell.
    The route down was via Green Crag and Slightside, then down the terrace path to Wha House and a short walk back to the car
    We were lucky with the weather, a bit of cloud which lifted when we reached the summit of Scafell, a bit of wind, but also an occasional glimpse of the sun – Not bad for October !!

• into-thin-air's video

Walk up Scafell Pike from Wasdale Head via Pears Ghyll, Broad Crag Col, Scafell Pike, Mickledoor, Hollow Stones and Brown Tongue

• littlebush's video

At the top of Englands highest mountain, Skafell Pike

• into-thin-air's video

This is my favourite little hike, walk out of Gosforth on the Wasdale road, after walking up Leagate (The big hill leaving the village) take the 1st left up Guards Lonning. Follow the Lonning passing Guards End and Tween Guards, the Lonning then turns into a grassy track, keep following this, go through to gates, the second one onto the open fell and cross the small beck on the footbridge. Here the track gets a bit faint, but if you keep the dry stone wall to your left you can’t go wrong. Soon another wall appears coming in from the right as you start to go downhill. You soon pick up a stony track and you follow this until you meet the Wasdale Head road, turn right onto this and follow it for about 150 yards. You will then see a turn off to the left, take this and pass Leathwaite and The Gap. It then joins the road from Gosforth to Wasdale on the top of Berry Brow and from here it is only another 150 yards into the village of Nether Wasdale.
    Choice of two Pubs, The Strands and the Screes :-)

• into-thin-air's video

Just a short video clip from this years Service of Remembrance on the summit of Great Gable – People always ask me how many attended – I never have any idea but this is a 360 pan so if you can count them drop me a line
    Thanks
    Rob

• into-thin-air's video

Hadrian’s Wall Walk, Bowness on Solway to Wallsend, August 2010
    Part One - Bowness on Solway to Walltown – First two days

Trekking with Rob Steele
    In Association with www.pro-tector.co.uk

• into-thin-air's video

Short winter walk in Wasdale, Buckbarrow and Greendale Tarn, 3 hours and about 1000ft of accent – Easy.

• into-thin-air's video
    Short Winter Walks into-thin-air, Cumbria Date Added: Dec 30, 2009

Three short winter walks near to Gosforth, West Cumbria, to shed those Christmas Mince Pies ;-)

• into-thin-air's video
    Walk above Haweswater into-thin-air, Cumbria Date Added: Aug 17, 2009

Leaving the car near the head of the lake then walking around the top and about 1/3 of the way down the west shore before striking up, First small summit was “Castle Crag” (The site of an ancient first) before crossing over Lady’s Seat, Birks Crags, Hanging Stones and then skirting Low Raise and achieving our first “Wainwright” High Raise (804m)
    From High Raise we headed south to Kidsty Pike (780m) our second “Wainwright”, then west to Rampsgill Head (792m) our third “Wainwright” closely followed by The Knott (739m) our fourth “Wainwright”, before the pull up onto our highest summit of the day, High Street at 828m and our fifth “Wainwright” of the day, From here it was mainly downhill to our final summit of Mardale III Bell (760m), our sixth and final “Wainwright” of the walk,
    We came off the fell down Nan Beal pass which took us nicely back to our car back near the head of Haweswater.

• into-thin-air's video
    Wasdale in the Snow into-thin-air, Cumbria Date Added: Feb 14, 2009

Voted as Britain’s Best View
    Photos taken by myself in February 2009 – Thanks for looking, I Hope you Enjoy ;-)
    Rob

• nickandchris's video

This was a really wild day and the wind had turned the sea into a mass of foam which covered the beach!

• nickandchris's video

A trip to Wasdale in Jan. 2009 for some up to date photos. Not quite the weather I had hoped for!

• nickandchris's video

A brief glimpse of Great Gable, taken in January 2009, from Wasdale.

• into-thin-air's video

Another Great walk in Lakeland, Haystacks and the High Style Ridge from Honister pass to Buttermere Village

Approximately 10 miles, 3.500 feet of accent and taking in Fleetwith, Green Crag, Hay Stacks, High Crag, High Stile, Red Pike and Starling Dodd and returning to Buttermere via Scale Force

• into-thin-air's video

This delightful full day walk starts of on the Cold Fell road, then you walk up thought he forest on an old miners track to Iron Crag, then Caw Fell, Haycock, Scoat Fell, Steeple, Pillar, Looking Stead and down Black Sail Pass to Wasdale Head, aprox 14 miles with 3.600 feet of accent

• into-thin-air's video

Wrynose Pass- Crinkle Crags – Bow Fell – Esk Pike – Great End – Broad Crag – Scafell Pike – Lingmell – Wasdale Head. 12 Miles – 4.300 feet of accent, 3.300 of decent and 10 hours walking !!

• into-thin-air's video

This is a fantastic “Little” walk and a Great introduction to Fell Walking in Lakeland, Starting out point, Irton Road Station on The Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Railway (The La’l Ratty) at Eskdale (Limited car parking) then walking over Muncaster Fell on “The Old Road” to Ravenglass, via the Roman Bathhouse and then returning to Eskdale on The La’l Ratty

• into-thin-air's video

Classic Route to the summit of Great Gable, setting out from Wasdale Head via Styhead Pass as far as Kern Knotts, then picking up the front climbers traverse to take in napes Needle and The Sphinx Rock from The Dress Circle, before proceeding on to Beck Head to pick up the path to the summit, then returning via Styhead Tarn before heading down to Wasdale Head.

• into-thin-air's video

Every year there is a Service of Remembrance on the Summit of Great Gable, up to 1.000 people attend, Why not come along yourself next year ?

• into-thin-air's video

Scafell Pike is Britain's highest Mountain, There are many routes up, The most popular routes start in either Wasdale, Borrowdale or Eskdale.
    Although I was born in Wasdale, my own personal favourite way is form Eskdale, Colloquially known as "The Long Walk In" and this is that is depicted on this clip.
    I hope that you enjoy it
    Happy Travels
    Rob

Have you been to Cumbria?

Share Your Travels