"My best allround travel tips" Personal Page by kiwi
My must have item is this little Gerber tool, no wider than my iPhone as seen in the photo. I love this tool because I really find the scissors very handy, I even used them to grip the remaining half of a broken key in a lock. Used them as fine nosed pliers and they were strong enough for the job and I didn't ruin the scissor blades.
Of course the tool does have a blade for other jobs, and a few other tools, but I really find the scissors most useful when travelling. As well, the authorities don't seem to be so worried about me carrying it. I do put it in my check luggage though, when flying, in case I strike someone who disapproves, and I really don't want to lose this little gem.
One of my most fervent pieces of advice is to do with packing and bags. Whether it be your backpack, or suitcase and even your handbag/daypack, ALWAYS put things back in the same place.
Often when you are under pressure or in a hurry, finding things is in important and consistency is essential. Not only while going about your travel business but more importantly while passing through authority points such as border crossings.
Put your important documents where you remember, separate copy of passports and identification docs from originals so if one is lost the other is still available to you.
While backpacking and on a trail, you need to be able access items easily and timely, so always put items back in the same section of your pack. Unpacking and searching for something is not always an option. Knowing exactly where your kit is stowed, is vitally important.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 759 Reviews
- 3,042 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 108 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
- Posted in Travel Scotland Forum "Re: Hire a Quad"
- Commented on one of wabat's Ascension Island tips
- Commented on the Christchurch travel guide
- kiwi and wabat are now friends.
- updated a Waihou Travel Page "Te Waihou Walkway"
- Wrote a Review Butterfly and Orchid Garden in Thames Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Butterfly and Orchid Garden"
- Uploaded a Video to New Zealand
updated their Profile Page "Lie on your back and watch the clouds!!"
VideosSee All Videos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos