"Twinkle in your Wrinkle" Personal Page by hopang
The origin of this letter is unknown. We received it through the internet complete with these wonderful images. These are excellent presentation which we want to pass it on our readers.
"Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
Please read the following quietly:
Time waits for no one.
Treasure every moment you have.
You will treasure it even more when
You can share it with someone special.
It brings good luck to everyone who passes it on.
Hold on tight to the ones you love!
Send it to friends & family to whom you wish a good, long, happy, life"
This is something we should all read at least once a week!!!!! Make sure you read to the end!!!!!!
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio .
"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 47 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column I've ever written.
My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short – enjoy life with your partner as it is.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your family will.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye But don't worry; God never blinks.
16.. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19.. It's never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time..
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood , enjoy & love them.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have not what you see others have.
42. The best is yet to come...
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
46. Look after Number 1 , yourself . Please yourself NOT others .
47. Others will only say nice things of you when they attend your funeral . You will be fast asleep then.
As I've aged, I've become kinder to, and less critical of, myself. I've become my own friend.
I have seen too many dear friends leave this world, too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.
Whose business is it, if I choose to read, or play on the computer, until 4 AM, or sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 50s, 60s & 70s, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love, I will.
I will walk the beach, in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves, with abandon, if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set. They, too, will get old.
I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And, eventually, I remember the important things.
Sure, over the years, my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break, when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength, and understanding, and compassion. A heart never broken, is pristine, and sterile, and will never know the joy of being imperfect..
I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.
As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.
So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free.. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day (if I feel like it).
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,209 Reviews
- 7,139 Photos
- 38 Countries
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
updated their Profile Page "Live Well: Poignant and True"
- Uploaded a Video to World
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hundstallet, Bromma B"
- Commented on one of hopang's Cyprus travel pages
- hopang and tratoria are now friends.
- updated a Poland Travel Page "Republic of Poland"
- Wrote a Review Gubalowka Hill, Zakopane in Poland Things to Do
PhotosSee All Photos (7139)
VideosSee All Videos (149)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 132 reviews, 768 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 104 reviews, 494 photos, 20 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 40 reviews, 542 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 50 reviews, 432 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 55 reviews, 410 photos, 28 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 50 reviews, 398 photos, 30 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 54 reviews, 256 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 43 reviews, 220 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 47 reviews, 206 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22156 Reviews - 53823 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30944 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23057 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17030 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19428 Photos