"Southeastern Maine." Maine Travelogue by m1nkey

Maine Travel Guide: 2,616 reviews and 5,517 photos

Maine is a great place to ride around and sight see. The landscape is breathtaking. I didn't see any real moose, and I am glad I didn't..especially crossing the interstate.

The general attitude in the cities is to preserve the old style and refurbish rather than rebuild. Downtown Portland was filled with old buildings and the cultural history was abundant and rich.

It didn't take much snow by Maine standards to freeze everything over. The was Sebago Lake, north of Portland.

On a road trip to Bangor we visited one of my main influences in writing. This is the house of none other than Stephen King. I stood by the gate and took pictures. I know, it's just a house, but it still felt cool to be there.

A closer view of the gate in front of his house. It wouldn't come off...I tried. There was a Hydra on the drive gate that really looked cool. I could go on, but then this would turn into a Stephen King fan site.
However it would be a valid point because when I did an internet search for "Things to do in Bangor," it seemed that going to Stephen King's house, standing by the gate and taking pictures was one of the Highlights in Bangor.
Hm... I guess it wasn't that geeky after all.

And I am not the only one...this was in a beautiful coastal city about half way between Bangor and Portland.

• Page Updated Jul 16, 2012

Comments

m1nkey

“I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go!”

Badges & Stats in Maine