"Mill Bay, BC" Cobble Hill Travelogue by canuck68
Cobble Hill Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 7 photos
I think the scenery is probably the best aspect of Mill Bay. Lovely homes surround or look down on the Bay. The water is never dull to look at. Eagles can be seen gliding among the trees or sitting in the trees calling to one another.
Canada geese are often seen in the water in huge or small gaggles. Otters are playful and fun to watch.
Arbutus trees lean over the banks and add to the beauty.
The private school sits right on the water and must be a pleasure to attend.
What is most impressive for me is when the sculls go by early in the morning as the students train. The coach is calling instructions as the boats glide smoothly on the water, rowers all in synch.
Sail boats are a common site on the Bay.
There is a small but interesting shopping center in Mill Bay. A very fine grocery store leads the way. Walk along the sidewalks and check out the other shops. A great bakery, bank, clothing store, gift store, liquor store and a drug store are among the stores in the mall.
It is also the place where you can board the Island bus either south to Victoria, or north to Duncan, Ladysmith and Nanaimo and many other points on the Island.
Many residents set traps and are rewarded with crabs for a fresh crab dinner.
canuck68's Related Pages
Cobble Hill Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cobble Hill
- 0 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Cobble Hill?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cobble Hill
Photos in Cobble HillSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- South Africa Intro, 32 reviews, 116 photos, 7 travelogues
- Port Alberni Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Johannesburg Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Town Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Casa Grande Intro, 1 review, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Victoria Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Tofino Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Pilanesberg Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vancouver Island Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue