"A walk above the harbour" Port Isaac Travelogue by ranger49
Port Isaac Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 80 photos
Follow the sign at the left of the Fish Market uphill - it starts easy but gets a bit steeper.
You will be walking up the path towards the white house at the top in the picture passing the terraced houses first.
Start saving up now! - Of course the "Doc's house" has a lot of interest and an asking price that reflected it.
I do not know if it was reached - the autumn of 2008 was not an auspicious time in the property world.
As you approach the top of the hill the scenery and the views become ever more spectacular. Even in late September there was an abundance of wild flower growth in the hedgerows. There is an information board with illustrations on the side wall of the fish market. If you missed it you can check them out for identification on your way down .
After passing a couple of beautifully located B&Bs/Self catering establishments you come to the open common ground on the cliff top.
We were fortunate to have a beautiful warm and sunny afternoon for this not too strenuous walk.
Sheep and cattle grazed quietly and paid us little attentionas we admired the views out to sea.
As someone with experience of mainly low lying farmland and dairy cattle it is always a bit of a shock to see them venturing towards cliff edges.
But these gentle creatures were not at all concerned.
ranger49's Related Pages
Port Isaac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Picturesque Port Isaac, Cornwall"
- "Port Isaac"
- "Home of 'Doc Martin'"
- "Port Isaac - Porthusek"
- "A picture post card village"
- "Pretty Port Isaac"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Isaac
- Hotels in Port Isaac
- Transportation in Port Isaac
- Restaurants in Port Isaac
- Shopping in Port Isaac
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Isaac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Isaac
- 1 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Port Isaac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Isaac
Photos in Port IsaacSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Carmarthen Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos
- Mahón Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Brugge Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camaret-sur-Mer Intro, 13 reviews, 62 photos
- Pont-Aven Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nerja Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Abergavenny Intro, 13 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure Intro, 17 reviews, 44 photos
- Quimperlé Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
- Pickering Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue