"A hard day's ride (2)." Sibulan Travelogue by planxty
Sibulan Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 56 photos
If you have come to this other than via Part (1) of this travelogue, I suggest you have a look at it forst as this will make a lot more sense that way.
This travelogue concerns my motorbike trip to see the wonderful Twin Lakes in Negros Oriental and the pretty crazy road conditions you will encounter to get there. Well, at least they do warn you.
This photo probably doesn't give the impression of scale it should. I didn't want to go any closer to the edge however for obvious reasons but I can tell you it must have been 300 feet straight down. This sign was about one hundred yards before the Landslide sign which prefaced the first part of the travelogue. So, landslides and half the road washed away into the ravine. Well, I do like a challenge so onward, ever onward.
The views, however, remained outstanding and the weather was fine, which has not always been the case on my travels here.
Eventually, having negotiated the worst that Nature could potentially throw at me, I came upon this hut which proved to be the ticket office for the Park. You can see my trusty little steed sitting parked up and earning a well-earned breather.
You are required to sign in and I did notice that the name imediately above mine was Nina *******, an Asian name surname and giving her address as UK. I shall not name the lady here as I have not asked her permission but she will feature later in the story.
I needed a smoke and a bit of a rest so I had a look round the little lake beside the office which, frankly, didn't look that impressive although pretty enough. Actually, it isn't the proper Lakes, just a little appetiser. I am not sure what size this lake normally is, it appeared to have been swollen somewhat by the recent unseasonal heavy rain. I am sure trees like that don't grow in water that deep. I may be wrong.
Whatever size the lake normally is, it must support fish life as I found these nets hanging up to dry and decided to take a slightly arty farty type photo of them.
Suitably revived, it was time to venture towards the Lakes proper. Through the barrier and only about a 300 yard drive to the parking place and the little restaurant which must boast one of the most stunning views of any eating place on the island. Judge for yourself. A leisurely coffee and time to head down and have a look.
More Travelogues (2)
Written Mar 26, 2012
A hard day's ride (1).
Written Mar 26, 2012
A hard day's ride (3).
planxty's Related Pages
Sibulan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Under construction, please be patient."
- "Municipality of Sibulan, Negros Oriental"
- "Sibulan, a city north of Dumaguete City"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sibulan
- 7 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (214)
Have you been to Sibulan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sibulan
Photos in SibulanSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 253 reviews, 952 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombo Intro, 35 reviews, 177 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 53 reviews, 142 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 37 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 15 reviews, 147 photos, 12 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 25 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sherbrooke Intro, 10 reviews, 134 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues