"Santa Barbara Church" Kutna Hora Travelogue by bakalapoe
Kutna Hora Travel Guide: 370 reviews and 971 photos
In the late 1300 St. Barbara was founded by the rich mine owners of Kutna Hora in an attempt to further their religious independence from the Cistercian monastery at Sedlec and compete with the grandeur of Prague?s St. Vitus Cathedral. St. Barbara is the patron saint of miners. You can't miss the Church of Saint Jacob in Kutna Hora. It was built on a higher place and its dominance is even magnified by its 85 meters high tower. Originally it had to have two towers, but this idea was abandoned because of unsuitable terrain.
More Travelogues (1)
bakalapoe's Related Pages
Kutna Hora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old bones Galore for the serious bone connaisseur"
- "North Bohemian Growing Pains"
- "Kutná Hora - treasury of the Czech Kingdom"
- "ONCE A RICH SILVER CITY - NOW A UNESCO SITE"
- "The Historical Kutna Hora.."
- "Kutna Hora - formerly rich of silver Czech town"
- "Kutna Hora - A Day Outside of Prague"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kutna Hora
- Hotels in Kutna Hora
- Transportation in Kutna Hora
- Nightlife in Kutna Hora
- Restaurants in Kutna Hora
- Shopping in Kutna Hora
- Warnings and Dangers in Kutna Hora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kutna Hora
- 0 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kutna Hora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kutna Hora
Photos in Kutna HoraSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Thessaloniki Intro, 14 reviews, 215 photos, 19 travelogues
- Serrai Intro, 19 reviews, 154 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edirne Intro, 9 reviews, 134 photos, 11 travelogues
- Kosovo Intro, 5 reviews, 137 photos, 14 travelogues
- Prefecture of Evros Intro, 6 reviews, 132 photos, 13 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 3 reviews, 97 photos, 10 travelogues
- Xanthi Intro, 7 reviews, 87 photos, 7 travelogues
- Dhidhimotikhon Intro, 5 reviews, 85 photos, 9 travelogues
- Komotini Intro, 7 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kurdzhali Intro, 7 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues