"Manapouri Holiday Park: Alpine Europe in NZ" Fiordland National Park Travelogue by Kimi_the_Bear
Fiordland National Park Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 109 photos
On our last Fiordland trip we stayed in a chalet at the Manapouri Motel and Holiday Park.
This is sooo cuuuuuute! All buildings have been built in a very colourful European alpine style, a mixture of German, Austrian and Swiss chalet replicas. The flags of these countries fly in the farmhouse-style reception, there are posters from these and other European countries on the walls. Everything looks a bit like a fairytale land.
We chose the yellow chalet which had artificial yellow flowers on the table and the decor in orange, brown and yellow which was up-to-date in the 1970s. Everything rather oldish but unique and so full of character.
I occupied the best seat in the house, with unobstructed view of Lake Manapouri and all the mountain ranges that line it in the west.
I did not only enjoy the fantastic panoramic views but also thought that this would be a perfect place to get generous helpings for dinner. And I was not wrong.
You see, I did not exaggerate about the views.
We also had a few brief showers. The clouds formed dramatic paintings in the sky.
Here you see our house and a neighbouring chalet. All had different colours and always matching interior decoration and artificial flowers ;-)
If you take your magnifying glasses you will see me sitting at the table inside.
More Travelogues (9)
Kimi_the_Bear's Related Pages
Fiordland National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quiet on the Sound"
- "New Zealand Trip 1999 - Fiordland"
- "FAQ - Under Construction"
- "The Deep South"
- "FIORDLAND NTL PARK"
- "Cruising Fiords and Lakes - Hiking - Meeting Birds"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fiordland National Park
- Hotels in Fiordland National Park
- Transportation in Fiordland National Park
- Restaurants in Fiordland National Park
- Shopping in Fiordland National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Fiordland National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fiordland National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Fiordland National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fiordland National Park
Photos in Fiordland National ParkSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Southland 125 photos, 17 travelogues
- Ulm Intro, 109 photos, 15 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 86 photos, 14 travelogues
- Gingen an der Fils Intro, 85 photos, 12 travelogues
- French Polynesia Intro, 79 photos, 10 travelogues
- Alsace Intro, 1 review, 78 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lyttelton Intro, 76 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dunedin Intro, 75 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 74 photos, 10 travelogues
- Wellington Intro, 70 photos, 10 travelogues