"My Home Town - PARIT BUNTAR" Personal Page by DaHongHua
This signboard is welcoming you, if you exit the PLUS highway from Bandar Baharu, Kedah toll. Pairt Buntar can be easily located as this town is neighbouring Bandar Baharu in Kedah and Nibong Tebal in Penang. By bicycle, you can travel 3 states in 15 minutes and by car, you can do it in 5 minutes.
During annual celebration of the Teh Peh Kong birthday on 11th day of 11th lunar moon every year. The temple plays Chinese Teow Chew Opera for 8-10 days. Local people and prayers who have succeed in their living and professions will come back for the celebration and give some donations. The temple is normally very crowded during this trime. Local prayers would also go to the temple every 1st and 15th day of each lunar moon.
If you enter Parit Buntar via Universiti Sains Malaysia's Engineering Campus, the clock tower is the one who welcoming you in Parit Buntar. Turn left, you are on Parit Buntar old town. You can stop at the Krian River side for some photos. many shop houses in the old town had been chenged to swift houses for bird nest businesses. Do arrange your stay in Parit Buntar on Friday as the local night market is on Friday night near in the old town area.
One of the biggest mosque in this area. After the sembahyang, you can do some shopping as the Mosque Bazzaar and the MARA complex is just nearby. You can aslo fill up your car as Shell and Esso stations is just across the road.
Every morning, exspecially Saturday and Sunday, people come here near the Dataran Tepi Sungai for their morning exercise, jogging or gather to perform their healthy live TaiChi dance, aerobic dance or street dance. If you are a first timer here, do come in your sport suit and walk along and mix in the group behind, you are most welcome to learn something from them.
The Jetty is a good platform for fishing, try your good luck to get some Udang Galah ( fresh water prawn ) or Ikan Baung ( cat fish ) for dinner.
The story to remember :
It was built after the ferry tragedy in 13 September 1972 which killed 27 lives. During that raining morning, the over loaded cabel ferry sunk as the river water flow fast. Among the decease were the school children who on board on a school bus.
Elder people enjoy watching the story by the opera players, but younger generation enjoy the hawker foods around. During annual celebration of the Teh Peh Kong birthday on 11th day of 11th lunar moon every year. The temple would organised to play Chinese Teow Chew Opera for 8-10 days. Every night, the opera start at 8pm and end before mid night.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 359 Reviews
- 1,491 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 38 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Wrote a Review The 17th century Bridge across the canal about Old Batavia - Kota in Jakarta Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The 17th century Bridge across the canal"
- Commented on Jim_Eliason's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Foods that only you like"
- DaHongHua and wayan_ubud are now friends.
- updated a Ipoh Travel Page "Ipoh, the capital of Perak State"
updated their Profile Page "Just came back from Bali, next, Beijing in Dec"
- Uploaded a Video to Kuala Lumpur
- Commented on the Bukit Mertajam travel guide
VideosSee All Videos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Parit Buntar Intro, 42 reviews, 135 photos
- Hat Yai Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 26 reviews, 92 photos
- Nibung Tebal Intro, 21 reviews, 85 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 15 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taiwan Intro, 5 reviews, 78 photos, 7 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos
- Kampung Bukit Tinggi Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos
- Sungai Lembing Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos