"My Home Town - PARIT BUNTAR" Personal Page by DaHongHua
This signboard is welcoming you, if you exit the PLUS highway from Bandar Baharu, Kedah toll. Pairt Buntar can be easily located as this town is neighbouring Bandar Baharu in Kedah and Nibong Tebal in Penang. By bicycle, you can travel 3 states in 15 minutes and by car, you can do it in 5 minutes.
During annual celebration of the Teh Peh Kong birthday on 11th day of 11th lunar moon every year. The temple plays Chinese Teow Chew Opera for 8-10 days. Local people and prayers who have succeed in their living and professions will come back for the celebration and give some donations. The temple is normally very crowded during this trime. Local prayers would also go to the temple every 1st and 15th day of each lunar moon.
If you enter Parit Buntar via Universiti Sains Malaysia's Engineering Campus, the clock tower is the one who welcoming you in Parit Buntar. Turn left, you are on Parit Buntar old town. You can stop at the Krian River side for some photos. many shop houses in the old town had been chenged to swift houses for bird nest businesses. Do arrange your stay in Parit Buntar on Friday as the local night market is on Friday night near in the old town area.
One of the biggest mosque in this area. After the sembahyang, you can do some shopping as the Mosque Bazzaar and the MARA complex is just nearby. You can aslo fill up your car as Shell and Esso stations is just across the road.
Every morning, exspecially Saturday and Sunday, people come here near the Dataran Tepi Sungai for their morning exercise, jogging or gather to perform their healthy live TaiChi dance, aerobic dance or street dance. If you are a first timer here, do come in your sport suit and walk along and mix in the group behind, you are most welcome to learn something from them.
The Jetty is a good platform for fishing, try your good luck to get some Udang Galah ( fresh water prawn ) or Ikan Baung ( cat fish ) for dinner.
The story to remember :
It was built after the ferry tragedy in 13 September 1972 which killed 27 lives. During that raining morning, the over loaded cabel ferry sunk as the river water flow fast. Among the decease were the school children who on board on a school bus.
Elder people enjoy watching the story by the opera players, but younger generation enjoy the hawker foods around. During annual celebration of the Teh Peh Kong birthday on 11th day of 11th lunar moon every year. The temple would organised to play Chinese Teow Chew Opera for 8-10 days. Every night, the opera start at 8pm and end before mid night.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 299 Reviews
- 1,199 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 31 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on muguruki's profile page
- Wrote a Review Old Tin Factory being demolish in Sungai Lembing Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Old Tin Factory being demolish"
- created a Sungai Lembing Travel Page "Sungai Lembing, Pahang"
- DaHongHua and heydelin are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Cameron Highlands Forum "Re: Traveling from Kuala Lumpur..."
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to DaHongHua, Malaysia pages"
- Uploaded a Video to Bali
- Commented on the Bukit Mertajam travel guide
VideosSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Parit Buntar Intro, 40 reviews, 123 photos
- Hat Yai Intro, 26 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nibung Tebal Intro, 20 reviews, 80 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 5 reviews, 78 photos, 7 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 19 reviews, 63 photos
- Bali Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos
- Kuantan Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Gambang Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos
- Kampung Bukit Tinggi Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22198 Reviews - 54001 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23037 Reviews - 47268 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7700 Reviews - 19770 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos