"Around the Philippine Archipelago in 6 months" Personal Page by crisgastardo
I was invited in August 2011 to lecture on community financial management system, particularly on operation and maintenance for KaLaHi Projects. This was also my first exposure to project's training, and hence my orientation.
With it, I was privileged to experience once again the marvels of Camiguin White Island. It is actually a sand bar, so prestine, that shift positions depending on currents and tides. If you chance to visit Philippines, spare a time to check on Camiguin Island. It has lots to offer other than the White Island, the hot and cold springs, the sunken cemetery and church ruins, the lansones - we call this buwahan which means gold or blest.
I was sent by the Project Office to grace another training workshop in Iloilo City as one of the resource person in October 2011.
Along came the opportunity to make a personal tour around churches in Iloilo Province. There are amazing lot, from Jaro to Molo within the downtown, to nearby municipalities Tigbauan and Guimbal. And most marvelous of all is the baroque church of Miag-ao. You will surely find it amazingly beautiful and superbly intricate. If you chance to set foot in Panay Island, find you way to Miag-ao, Iloilo.
I was invited by MIMAROPA (Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon and Palawan) Field Office to lecture on community finance during the orientation of new KaLaHi municipalities in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan this November 2011. I was so excited to visit again the island; my first visit was in 2008. I thought of really spending however much just to reach the Underground River this time around. Last visit, I did only the city tour and the Honda Bay island hopping. Fortunately, the training organizer has arranged a tour for all participants to the Underground River. Well, this is no free tour though but at least it much much cheaper than doing a personal tour. So there I went and proved that the PPUR (Puerto Princesa Underground River) is matter-of-factly one of the 7 wonders of nature.
Visitors, residents and foreign alike, must not waste time to check on this wonderful naturally-made (I mean God-created) cave.
More Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 4 Reviews
- 115 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- Posted in Travel Ho Chi Minh City Forum "Re: Woman traveller!"
- Commented on crisgastardo's travelogue
- updated a Johor Bahru Travelogue "A day in JB's Lego Theme Park"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A day in JB's Lego Theme Park"
- crisgastardo and SriL24 are now friends.
created their Personal Page "Around the Philippine Archipelago in 6 months"
- Wrote a Review Asia Hotel in Cambodia Hotels
PhotosSee All Photos (115)
Top 10 Pages
- South Korea Intro, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Johor Bahru Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yogyakarta Intro, 1 photo, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos