"Bryce Canyon: Impressions from the Fairytale Trail" United States of America Travelogue by MichaelFalk1969
United States of America Travel Guide: 302,063 reviews and 721,638 photos
The bizarre clay-ccoloured stone formations of Bryce Canyon (called "Hoodoos"), sculpted by erosion, look like out of this world. The landscape reminds me very much of old Star Trek sequels: when the Away Team lands on an unknown planet, it often looks like this ! Maybe this was the reason why a crazy guy with an alien mask and all wrapped up in silver paper tried to have his picture taken here (on my first day here).
Some other rock formations look like the ruins of a lost civilization - the hoodoos often resemble walls and towers, with a little imagination.
I hiked the Queens Garden Loop (advertised as the most beautiful hke in the world) and the Fairytale Loop. The latter (duration ca. 5 hours) was indeed one of the five best trails I have ever done. Plenty of panoramic views, and while walking you could easily think you`re on a different planet.
More Travelogues (18)
MichaelFalk1969's Related Pages
United States of America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BASAIC's USA Page"
- "A constant work in progress"
- "United States: A Melting Pot"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Saying Goodbye to the United States of America"
- "THE UNITED STATES"
- "USA - several trips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United States of America
- Hotels in United States of America
- Transportation in United States of America
- Nightlife in United States of America
- Restaurants in United States of America
- Shopping in United States of America
- Warnings and Dangers in United States of America
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United States of America
- 194 Reviews
- 341 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United States of America
Photos in United States of AmericaSee All Photos (341)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 210 reviews, 347 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 90 reviews, 127 photos, 8 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 49 reviews, 159 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 92 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 77 reviews, 67 photos
- Berlin Intro, 60 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- England Intro, 23 reviews, 87 photos, 8 travelogues