"Mespelbrunn and a Cute Castle Story" Mespelbrunn Travelogue by aussirose

Mespelbrunn Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 22 photos

So here I was marvelling at the beautiful reflections in the still water.

I encourage you to click on the pix and open them up larger because vt just doesn't do them justice as the small half-cut phots that you are looking at now.

And another one for good measure taken from in the Castle courtyard.

I recommend that you pay the small price and go into the Castle on the guided tour. This was the only Castle guided tour that we did and we thoroughly enjoyed it! :o)

Most of the picture postcards that you buy have a couple of swans in the pond and the Castle in the background.

The swans are obviously residents and looked happy and contented to be here :o)

Upon entry we met our guides who took us into the main dining room surrounded with the armour of the knights.

It felt a little spooky :o)

Then we entered the main Castle through this doorway that had engraved images of the former owners. It was quite impressive.

Cameras were turned off at this stage and we continued up the stairs to learn and view the life of the residents in the 1400's with beautiful rooms decorated with amazing paintings and old furniture.

The WoW factor here certainly hit 90%+ on the richter scale! :o)

Aparently the family still lives here in this small portion if the Castle.

Hope you enjoyed following along with me on our first Castle experience in Europe. If you are thinking of doing the same....then think no more. As us Aussies say....."Just do it!" :o)

If you have enjoyed this page and are following along with me on our road trip through Germany, then please click the link below to see what we checked out along the Rhine River -

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

“A free Rose from the garden is a girl's best friend.”

Badges & Stats in Mespelbrunn

Have you been to Mespelbrunn?

Latest Activity in Mespelbrunn