"Kaohsiung" Kaohsiung Travelogue by limkahwan
Kaohsiung Travel Guide: 193 reviews and 518 photos
My wife and I have a strong liking for Kaohsiung, probably because of the hotel's location which is just less than 5 minutes walk from the railway and MRT stations. The bus stations are also around the area too and food outlets are plenty. The hotel is also within walking distance to Nanhua Night Market [hotel is on Nanhua Street] and Liouhe Tourists Night Market. The hotel we stayed is also the best hotel during this holiday trip because of its location and friendly hotel service. We extended our stay to four nights and made a day trip to Tainan instead of staying at Tainan.
The city and most tourist spots are also well linked with the MRT Orange and Red Line service and it is easy to explore most areas by foot.
Communication wise, we had no problem as the local Taiwanese dialect [Minnan dialect] and Mandarin are widely used. There is a sense of closeness when we speak the same dialect.
Weather wise is considered good with occassional rain but sky is hazy all day for days when we were at Kaohsiung.
Places we visited are:
Cijin Island - Take MRT Orange line to Sizihwan Station, leave the station at Exit 1 and walk a short distance [8 minutes] to the Gushan Ferry Pier. Take the ferry to the island [about TWD 15 one way] just opposite, journey is about 10 minutes.
Gushan Ferry Station - All sorts of shaved ice and snacks are served around the area. Visitors can sample all of the street foods and cool off from the heat.
Cihou Tianhou [Matsu] Temple - about 5 minutes walk from Cijin ferry terminal along Miaocian Road, Cijin Island. This temple has its history way back to 1673, is the oldest and most historic temple in Kaohsiung city. Designated as a National Grade 3 historic heritage site. The engravings, clay sculptures, porcelain works of the temple are classic and refined.
limkahwan's Related Pages
Kaohsiung Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A colorful city & great temples"
- "Revisiting Kaohsiung"
- "Keeweechic's Kaohsiung"
- "Taiwan's second largest city"
- "City by the Sea"
- "Kao-hsiung County (chinese: °ª¶¯¿¤¥«)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kaohsiung
- Hotels in Kaohsiung
- Transportation in Kaohsiung
- Nightlife in Kaohsiung
- Restaurants in Kaohsiung
- Shopping in Kaohsiung
- Warnings and Dangers in Kaohsiung
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kaohsiung
- 2 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Kaohsiung?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaohsiung
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 33 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Kelantan Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 11 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 11 reviews, 58 photos
- Taipei Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- T'ai-chung Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Kaohsiung Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Negeri Terengganu Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- T'ai-nan Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue