"Our first Palace Discovery" Würzburg Travelogue by aussirose

Würzburg Travel Guide: 398 reviews and 1,331 photos

As I said before, we had to walk up a trillion steps to arrive at the Palace. We were all puffed out! :o)

Wow! Between puffs to regain our breath, the sight that greeted us was amazing! :o)

We had just left Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber with it's wall and fortress..... but that pailed into insignificance compared to this one!! :o)

We walked through the big gate and entered two huge courtyards with a bridge in between.

This one is the oldest and aparently where the bishops lived.

There is a well here that they used to draw the water from. The well is over 100m in depth. We marvelled at how this might have been constructed.

I loved the statue. I'd be interested to know the story behind this statue, so if you know.....can you please tell me? :o)

View from the bridge between the courtyards.

Wurzburg certainly has some lovely buildings! :o)

My va's came along for the ride. Hansi and Lori loved the view :o)

And since this is wine country, Dorrise thought she would drink to that :o) Rexy of course shared a beer with us.

And speaking of beer.....it just so happened to be beer o'clock and we were terribly thirsty after climbing those zillion steps! Notice how the amount of steps increases as does our thirst!! ;o)

It was nice to enjoy a local coldie whilst looking over the stunning countryside and anticipating our journey ahead.

Story time :o)

Whilst enjoying the views and our beer.....and more views......guess what we just saw?!! No kidding!!!

We just saw a car park about 20m from where we were sitting!!

Know what that means?....

Yes, we didn't have to walk up those gazillion steps!! grrrrr! ...... lol.

Time for another beer we think! sheesh!! :o)

Anyway, if you are enjoying our road journey so far then you will love the next chapter. What to see in Mespelbrunn??! Please click the link below to find out -

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

“A free Rose from the garden is a girl's best friend.”

Badges & Stats in Würzburg

Have you been to Würzburg?

Latest Activity in Würzburg