"Ono town 3" Tokoname Travelogue by taigaa001
Tokoname Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 84 photos
Current Ono Castle is a typical historical park. Many of the minor castle ruins in Japan are either in the shrines or temples or parks. Luckily Ono Castle has long been deserted and never became a part of public schools nor government offices just as many major castles in Japan did. I have seen the worse examples such as Ejiri castle in Shimizu which has no traces of the castle at all and Tanaka castle in Fujieda which lost much of the castle features. The problem with this castle is little explanation of what the particular area of the park might have been during late 16th century. Only historical buffs can detect the traces of castle features.
For ordinary Japanese castle means "tenshukaku" or a donjon. It seems that people in Aichi love to fabricate donjons which never had been there. Such controversies aside, castle keep of Ono castle is a nice place to have an uninterrupted view around it.
Ono castle usually is a quiet historical park visited only by local residents and historical buffs. But since the airing of NHK Taiga Drama Princess Gou, the number of visitors skyrocketed. According to the drama, Ono Castle was ruled by Kazunari Saji when Princess Gou, the youngest daughter of Oichi, little sister of Nobunaga Oda, got married to her cousin Kazunari. Ogou was then 13 and Kazunari 15. But their marriage lasted only one year, when Kazunari was suspected of being allied to the Hideyoshi's archenemy Iyeyasu Tokugawa. Kazunari was ousted from Ono and was ordered to divorce Gou.
- See All Tanaido-no-saka
- See All Tokonyan
- See All Laver Culture
- See All From Tokoname to Ono town
taigaa001's Related Pages
Tokoname Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tokoname, Birthplace of Manekineko Lucky Cats"
- "Chuubu International Airport"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tokoname
- Transportation in Tokoname
- Restaurants in Tokoname
- Shopping in Tokoname
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tokoname
- 19 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Tokoname?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tokoname
Photos in TokonameSee All Photos (84)
Videos in TokonameSee All Videos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Yokohama Intro, 168 reviews, 542 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 113 reviews, 456 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 71 reviews, 258 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shinjuku Intro, 77 reviews, 214 photos
- Fujieda Intro, 50 reviews, 189 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hamakita Intro, 43 reviews, 169 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 48 reviews, 160 photos
- Okabe Intro, 42 reviews, 160 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 39 reviews, 127 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 37 reviews, 123 photos