"The Iron Bridge" Frankfurt am Main Travelogue by Russell_the_Wombat
Frankfurt am Main Travel Guide: 1,800 reviews and 3,953 photos
Eiserner Steg, the Iron Bridge, connects Römerberg with the suburb of Sachsenhausen on the southern river bank. In other words, it is the shortest connection from the heart of the city to the apple wine taverns Sachsenhausen is famous for. If you see humans running along the bridge in southward direction they are probably very thirsty.
If you are able to suppress your thirst for a moment, then lingering on the bridge is worth it. From here you have a good view of the cityscape. On the left there is the bank quarter with its skyscrapers.
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Frankfurt am Main Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the world's best opera company"
- "The most Un-German City in Germany"
- "Main Metropolis"
- "A city better than its reputation"
- "Frankfurt - aka "Mainhattan""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frankfurt am Main
- Hotels in Frankfurt am Main
- Transportation in Frankfurt am Main
- Nightlife in Frankfurt am Main
- Restaurants in Frankfurt am Main
- Shopping in Frankfurt am Main
- Warnings and Dangers in Frankfurt am Main
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frankfurt am Main
- 0 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Frankfurt am Main?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frankfurt am Main
Photos in Frankfurt am MainSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 111 photos, 16 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Schwetzingen Intro, 97 photos, 14 travelogues
- Stuttgart Intro, 94 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 94 photos, 12 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 89 photos, 12 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues