"Around the Dom" Frankfurt am Main Travelogue by Russell_the_Wombat
Frankfurt am Main Travel Guide: 1,798 reviews and 3,953 photos
In bright sunlight everything looks so much nicer. From Römerberg we reached the Dom. Next to it I spotted this beautiful medieval stonehouse (surely rebuilt, too, but it looks more like its original shape than those hourses in Römerberg).
The Schirn is a large modern art gallery next to the Dom. It shows only temporary exhibitions, no permanent collection. Mommy was not interested in the one they were having at that time, for which I was glad. I wanted to roam the city, not to spend hours in a dark museum locker.
In front of the Dom they have done excavations and unearthed the foundations of medieval buildings. All overlooked by the majestic steeple.
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Frankfurt am Main Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the world's best opera company"
- "The most Un-German City in Germany"
- "Main Metropolis"
- "A city better than its reputation"
- "Frankfurt - aka "Mainhattan""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frankfurt am Main
- Hotels in Frankfurt am Main
- Transportation in Frankfurt am Main
- Nightlife in Frankfurt am Main
- Restaurants in Frankfurt am Main
- Shopping in Frankfurt am Main
- Warnings and Dangers in Frankfurt am Main
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frankfurt am Main
- 0 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Frankfurt am Main?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frankfurt am Main
Photos in Frankfurt am MainSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 111 photos, 16 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Schwetzingen Intro, 97 photos, 14 travelogues
- Stuttgart Intro, 94 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 94 photos, 12 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 89 photos, 12 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues