"Park Guell, more to see" Barcelona Travelogue by Martin_S.
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,904 reviews and 23,308 photos
The monument to Calvary (or Turó de les tres creus), is found on one of the pathways leading away from the terrace area of the park along a winding dirt path that leads upwards. From here we had a great view over Barcelona.
This small but beautiful green fountain is found at the bottom of the steps leading up to the terrace.
This area of the terrace which is surrounded by the Serpentine Bench was originally intended as an open air market.
Parrots, yes, everywhere in Barcelona we encountered these noisy green inhabitants.
As I said the view over the city is great and here you can see how close we actually are to Sagradia Familia.
One of only 3 private homes that were built according to the project that the park was originally designed for.
Entrance stairs to the home.
The bridges in Park Guell look almost like some natural type of rock crystal that has grown up between the gree foliage of the park.
- See All Sagrada Familia, design elements
- See All Palau de la Musica Catalana, cafe
- See All Placa Reial, stamps and coins
- See All Cable Cars
- See All Placa del Pi and Placa de Sant Josep...
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "The capital of County of Barcelona"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 77 Reviews
- 370 Photos
- 78 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (152)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- Posted in Travel Israel Forum "Re: Average cost of water..."
- Commented on one of Martin_S.'s Barcelona travel pages
- updated a Barcelona Travel Page "April-2008 stopover, now "just" Barcelona in 2011"
- Wrote a Review Sagrada Familia, design elements about Sagrada Familia in Barcelona Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sagrada Familia, windows I"
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (370)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues