"Travelling through : Nairobi -Masai Mara-Naivasha" Masai Mara Game Reserve Travelogue by samitbabu
Masai Mara Game Reserve Travel Guide: 549 reviews and 1,651 photos
Our original plan to travel to Masai Mara was in August when the Migration is in full swing, but had to almost cancel it for some personal reasons. We had paid 30% of our Safari money to an Organization named MICS Travels , and thus had informed them about the cancellation and they said they would return the Money to us after deducting some booking charges.
Two months later, we were still awaiting the money to be returned to us and by then had a feeling that it basically meant no refund.
So ultimately, with the Eid holidays around the corner here at Dubai, we made a quick plan to reactivate the trip. A few negotiations later ( of which now we were on the loosing side since we had already paid a chunk of the total) we finalised on our trip.
Spending quite a few days over the need to take the Yellow Fever Jab, we thought it prudent to take precaution , especially since it is an one time activity to last 10 years. We didnt find many side-effects being cause by the Yellow fever jab and thus went for it. Anti Malarial tablets though were costly here at UAE, we took them.
Here please remeber that the YELLOW FEVER VACCINE should be taken AT LEAST 10 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR TRIP.
The MALARIAL preventive tablets should be taken at least A WEEK earlier ( dosage is once a week). This means that you would be on your second weekly tab when you land at Nairobi.
Nairobi was very busy the day we landed as there was some big football ( soccer) game going on between the Kenyan national team and the Ugandan Team. The streets were filled and had a festive look and there were lots of hawkers peddling their items of all types around the football stadium.
We met Tony who heads the Olsyula Travels from Nairobi and was in the supplement to the one we booked with : MICS Travels.
He took us to our camp, where we waited for about two hours, met his partner, a britisher named Clive and exchanged few good ideas and experiences.
Around evening Lawrence, our designated driver dropped us to our Paris Hotel. The hotel is situated at a very busy downmarket street called MFangano street and looked a little intimidating. But once inside, we felt pretty comfortable. The staff was good and the room was decent by most standards. The food was good.
After a good nights sleep, and almost no mosquitoes, we started next day around 8am for our trip to Masai Mara.
We started towards Masai Mara the next day and the details have been posted in the Transportation section of my reviews.
It took about 6 hours to reach to our Camp : Nyumbu Camp
The journey is very scenic and we enjoyed it thoroughly on a November morning.
More Travelogues (2)
Written May 9, 2016
Nairobi : A leisurely drive on our first day
Written May 9, 2016
Game Viewing : Masai Mara
- See All Help the local Schools
- See All Buying from the Masais
- LIVE WITH THE MASAIS : An Experience of...
- See All An animal alone is a threat !!!
- See All Majestic Always: The King of the...
samitbabu's Related Pages
Masai Mara Game Reserve Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Masai Mara"
- "Croc & Wilderbeast Battle / Mara River 10/19/05"
- "Magical Masai Mara"
- "Plains of Passage"
- "How to See Masai Mara Game Reserve On Your Own"
- "Masai Mara - Migration and More"
- "Masai Mara Game Reserve"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Hotels in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Transportation in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Nightlife in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Restaurants in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Shopping in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Warnings and Dangers in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- 21 Reviews
- 114 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Masai Mara Game Reserve?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Posted in Travel Iceland Forum "Re: A complete trip around Iceland"
- Wrote a Review Help the local Schools about Schools in Masai Mara Game Reserve Things to Do
- updated a Masai Mara Game Reserve Travel Page "Masai Mara : A Magical Experience"
- Uploaded a Photo to "An animal alone is a threat !!!"
- Commented on one of Waxbag's Masai Mara Game Reserve travel pages
Photos in Masai Mara Game ReserveSee All Photos (114)
Top 10 Pages
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 21 reviews, 114 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lake Naivasha Intro, 10 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Georgia Intro, 13 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paros Island Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bled Intro, 5 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Plitvicka Jezera National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Kenya Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue