"A & P Show: Working on the farm and having fun" Christchurch Travelogue by Kimi_the_Bear

Christchurch Travel Guide: 1,251 reviews and 2,676 photos

You can check out a lot of farm equipment. I was more than amazed that they had a tractor for farm animals of my size. It was even on special. But Mama said NZ$ 600 still was a steep price for a tractor that can only be used by me, and our garden is not really huge. I said she should think of her dream of owning a bigger property with some lambs on it. But she said we will reconsider once the dream has become true. Ok, I understand... I have to wait.

With these motorbikes you can also pace around on the farm. The Yamaha people said the size is difficult. It was a little to big for me to ride it alone, and a little too small for farm children. Never mind. I preferred the tractor anyway :-)

There are many roundabout and two ferris-wheels for having fun.

Also a LOT of food - but I did not take photos of it. But as you can imagine I ate quite a lot, as usual ;-)

There are wood chopping competitions and sheep dog trials. An attraction this year was the Amazing Quake Race. That was teams running around with items that were needed after the big earthquakes that struck Christchurch in the past 14 months, like wheelbarrows, red tape, fencing and portaloos.

Also comedians show up. This year Chopper made us laugh.

• Page Written Nov 13, 2011

Kimi_the_Bear Used To Live Here!

“Why should bears not travel?”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Christchurch

Have you been to Christchurch?

Latest Activity in Christchurch