"A & P Show: Visiting the animals" Christchurch Travelogue by Kimi_the_Bear

Christchurch Travel Guide: 1,251 reviews and 2,676 photos

The A & P Show (Agricultural and Pastoral Show) is held every year on Canterbury Day in November. It is part of Cup and Show Week. The major horse races are the New Zealand Trotting Cup at Addington Racecourse on the Tuesday, followed by the A & P Show (Friday being the main day) and the galopp races on the Saturday.

My humans do not go to the races anymore because there are too many drunken young people. But as there are also horses at the A & P Show I do not mind too much.

This year I befriended the 13 day old goat girl you see on the photo above. She had no name yet. But I was impressed that such a young girl can be that tall already, and they even said she was small for her age. And I am 23 years old...

If you do not see me on the thumbnails you have to open the photos. It is this stupid new VT feature of chopping all photos to horizontal format.

There are many farm animals in the stables, and those stables are huuuuuuuge. The boer goats with their beagle-like ears are among my favourites.

The boer goats are very interested in anything that happens around them.

Sheep with their lambs are just cute. This lamb really stared at me before cuddling with its mother.

Cuddling with mum is always nice.

This big sheep seemed to be a little afraid of me. Sorry! But I only wanted to admire her wonderful fleece.

Animals I did not pose with were llamas and alpacas. Since an alpaca spat at me in the Waikato I have become a little cautious in their presence ;-)

• Page Updated Nov 13, 2011

Kimi_the_Bear Used To Live Here!

“Why should bears not travel?”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Christchurch

Have you been to Christchurch?

Latest Activity in Christchurch