"WEST END THEATRES" London Travelogue by alyf1961
London Travel Guide: 24,937 reviews and 55,941 photos
Her majesty's theatre is on Haymarket in the city of Westminster, London.
The building was built in 1897 for actor-manager Herbert Beerbohm Tree and was designed by Charles J. PhippsThe theatre has hosted premieres by major writers such as George Bernard Shaw, J.B. Priestley and Noel Coward.
The wide flat stage is perfect for staging large scale musicals such as Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera which has been running here since 1986.
alyf1961's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "London, the capital of England"
- "London, Misty Albion"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 98 Reviews
- 298 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (298)
Videos in LondonSee All Videos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 158 reviews, 444 photos, 16 travelogues
- London Intro, 98 reviews, 299 photos, 13 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 129 photos
- The Gambia Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Faro Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 20 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradford Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 30 reviews, 43 photos
- Manchester Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues