"Old Jewish Cemetary in Warsaw" Warsaw Travelogue by Martin_S.
Warsaw Travel Guide: 3,058 reviews and 7,491 photos
Broken, overgrown, jumbled and huddled close together as if even in death they were looking for companionship or protection.
Most Jewish cemetaries were destroyed by the Nazi butchers, the gravestones, that were meant to be left for families to remember their loved ones, were torn out and crushed to be used for roads. Here for some reason this particular cemetary was not destroyed, although all the written records were burned by the Nazis.
More Travelogues (1)
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Warsaw Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dedicated to Jacek Kaczmarski"
- "All around me"
- "Warsaw Rising"
- "WARSAW- THE CITY WITH A HISTORY!"
- "My Home Town"
- "This page is dedicated to my Dad Zygmunt Strzezek"
- "I love Warsaw!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warsaw
- Hotels in Warsaw
- Transportation in Warsaw
- Nightlife in Warsaw
- Restaurants in Warsaw
- Shopping in Warsaw
- Warnings and Dangers in Warsaw
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warsaw
- 19 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (152)
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warsaw
Photos in WarsawSee All Photos (107)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues