"A Quick Wander in Kitzingen" Top 5 Page for this destination Kitzingen Travelogue by aussirose

Kitzingen Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 71 photos

We parked the car along the foreshore of this lovely river.

Hubby and Birgit were pleasently surprised by the scenery.

The foreshore was lined by these beautiful flowers which made for some lovely photos.

We also saw a couple of barges and some swans and ducks.

We walked around and up onto the bridge and the view both sides was just lovely.

The foreshore was well kept and I really would have loved to have gone for a walk...but sadly we didn't have the time to explore further as we had places to visit and more things to see.

There was another couple sight seeing like us.

It was a pleasant change, visiting an 'off the beaten path' place in Germany.

Ok, story time! :o) ....you know you love my stories ...lol ;o)

Truth is..... things were not as easy as I stated at the outset. We actually did not arrive right in the heart of Kitzingen.

We set the trusty Tom Tom GPS to the local cop station. Turns out that Kitzingen Police Station is not in the centre of town.... haha.

Consequently, that is why hubby and Birgit were wondering why I had brought us here. .....No nice river view like I said there would be. Still.. hubby and I found stuff to take photos of ;o) ....Birgit was still scratching her head..... in a quandary as to why we were here. Remember, Birgit lives in Berlin and this scenery is 'every day' stuff for her. :o)

Meanwhile Hubby and I were still fascinated by the narrow cobblestone entry ways and snapped off a few more photos.

We don't have anything like this in Australia! :o)

And Birgit was still frowning and scratching her head.... haha.

By this time we were feeling a little peckish so we wandered around and found a nice little mall devoid of tourists.

How quaint! :o)

It was nice to eat with the locals.

Primed with a coldie we re-assessed our situation.

I knew from my research on vt that there was a lovely river somewhere here. So we decided to jump back in the car and check out the surroundings to see if we could locate the nice river I had seen on vt.

Well we are glad we chose to do this and eventually found it!! .... As you just saw :o)

So if you are travelling from Rothenburg to Wurzburg, a detour through Kitzingen is worth your time!!

If you are following our travels through Europe - please click this link - Wurzburg and a Palace Story

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

Comments

aussirose

“A free Rose from the garden is a girl's best friend.”

Badges & Stats in Kitzingen

Have you been to Kitzingen?

Videos in Kitzingen