"A Quick Wander in Kitzingen" Top 5 Page for this destination Kitzingen Travelogue by aussirose
Kitzingen Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 71 photos
We parked the car along the foreshore of this lovely river.
Hubby and Birgit were pleasently surprised by the scenery.
The foreshore was lined by these beautiful flowers which made for some lovely photos.
We also saw a couple of barges and some swans and ducks.
We walked around and up onto the bridge and the view both sides was just lovely.
The foreshore was well kept and I really would have loved to have gone for a walk...but sadly we didn't have the time to explore further as we had places to visit and more things to see.
There was another couple sight seeing like us.
It was a pleasant change, visiting an 'off the beaten path' place in Germany.
Ok, story time! :o) ....you know you love my stories ...lol ;o)
Truth is..... things were not as easy as I stated at the outset. We actually did not arrive right in the heart of Kitzingen.
We set the trusty Tom Tom GPS to the local cop station. Turns out that Kitzingen Police Station is not in the centre of town.... haha.
Consequently, that is why hubby and Birgit were wondering why I had brought us here. .....No nice river view like I said there would be. Still.. hubby and I found stuff to take photos of ;o) ....Birgit was still scratching her head..... in a quandary as to why we were here. Remember, Birgit lives in Berlin and this scenery is 'every day' stuff for her. :o)
Meanwhile Hubby and I were still fascinated by the narrow cobblestone entry ways and snapped off a few more photos.
We don't have anything like this in Australia! :o)
And Birgit was still frowning and scratching her head.... haha.
By this time we were feeling a little peckish so we wandered around and found a nice little mall devoid of tourists.
How quaint! :o)
It was nice to eat with the locals.
Primed with a coldie we re-assessed our situation.
I knew from my research on vt that there was a lovely river somewhere here. So we decided to jump back in the car and check out the surroundings to see if we could locate the nice river I had seen on vt.
Well we are glad we chose to do this and eventually found it!! .... As you just saw :o)
So if you are travelling from Rothenburg to Wurzburg, a detour through Kitzingen is worth your time!!
If you are following our travels through Europe - please click this link - Wurzburg and a Palace Story
aussirose's Related Pages
Kitzingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Another beautiful German city on the Main"
- "In the Main Valley"
- "Kitzingen - Off the beaten path but worth a visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kitzingen
- Nightlife in Kitzingen
- Restaurants in Kitzingen
- Warnings and Dangers in Kitzingen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kitzingen
- 1 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Kitzingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kitzingen
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: If time and money were no..."
- updated a Kitzingen Travel Page "Kitzingen - Off the beaten path but worth a visit"
- Uploaded a Video to Kitzingen
- Wrote a Review Enjoy the views along the river & on the bridge in Kitzingen Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Enjoy the views along the river & on the bridge"
Photos in KitzingenSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 57 reviews, 168 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 35 reviews, 184 photos, 10 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 23 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 147 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues