"A Walk Around Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber" Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travelogue by aussirose

Rothenburg ob der Tauber Travel Guide: 595 reviews and 1,876 photos

I got up early the next day before Howie and Birgit woke up.....I'm an early riser.....and took AussieBarney and the va's back down the hill for a photo session :o)

Dorrise and Rexy thought this was the most romantic place they had seen so far on our trip through Europe and I was totally in agreeance :o)

Hansi and Lori of course have been here before. Remember, it was Lori's page that attracted my in the first place.

This time around was just as fantastic, they both agreed! :o)

In fact right now, whilst I am writing this travelogue, Hansi has already visited my page here to check out the great time we all had... lol.

Please come back later Hansi!! :o)

On the way back up the hill we checked out the shop windows.

I have to tell you that this place has some of the most cutest shop windows I have ever seen!

AussieBarney found some bears. How sweet! :o)

And a Kangaroo.

HuH?.... A Kangaroo?!!

What's a Kangaroo doing in the middle of Germany?.....

I didn't have an answer for AussieBarney

Well not only did we discover a Kangaroo here, but the next day when we were walking along the old wall surrounding the city I found this.

Yep....now I have proof that Koalas once lived in Germany!!

Petrified Koala in the stone work hey!... Amazing!! :o)

Along the old city walls there are placards (see my tip).

Howie was quite proud to discover his name!!

I had to bring him down to reality and ask him to remove his hand.... lol.

And finally, this is the nice bit at the end of the walls. It made for a lovely photo opportunity.

Birgit came with us on our car trip through Germany. It was a pleasure to have Birgit with us.

Link to Next Travelogue

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

“A free Rose from the garden is a girl's best friend.”

Badges & Stats in Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Have you been to Rothenburg ob der Tauber?

Videos in Rothenburg ob der Tauber