"Even the Monastery Has Become a Winery" Edenkoben Travelogue by Russell_the_Wombat
Edenkoben Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 157 photos
This is Edenkoben's most beautiful winery. The complex has an interesting history. In former times this was a Cistercian nunnery. A few of the medieval buildings are still there, although the church is gone. Its name "Heilsbruck" translates to "bridge of salvation".
The nuns probably cultivated wine already. Later on, when the nuns were gone, the buildings were sold to someone who tunred them into a winery.
Because you asked: No, I got no wine to taste here either! Wombat is and remains still thirsty.
Heilsbruck is located a bit outside the town. The location on the hilltop above the vineyards creates fine views from the adjacent small valley.
More Travelogues (9)
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Edenkoben Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edenkoben, a Palatinate Wine Town"
- "A Wombat in Edenkoben: Vines, Villas and Wild West"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edenkoben
- 0 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Edenkoben?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edenkoben
Photos in EdenkobenSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 111 photos, 16 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Schwetzingen Intro, 97 photos, 14 travelogues
- Stuttgart Intro, 94 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 94 photos, 12 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 89 photos, 12 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues