"Villa Ludwigshöhe" Edenkoben Travelogue by Russell_the_Wombat
Edenkoben Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 157 photos
Once upon a time this whole region belonged to the Kingdom of Bavaria. A Bavarian king, namely Ludwig I (not the mad one with the castles but his grandpa), built himself a beautiful villa for his summer holidays. The climate in Palatine is much nicer than anywhere in Bavaria. He chose the perfect spot: on the slope, high enough for a wide view, on the edge of the forest.
Ludwigshöhe is a short walk away from Edenkoben. The grounds are freely accessible, including the terrace. The interior can be visited with a guided tour only, and they have a strict "no photos" policy.
If the weather is clear you can spot hill chains of the southern end of the Odenwald and the Kraichgau in the background.
They had an exhibition inside the villa with sculptures made by an artist who is famous in the area for his funny figures: Gernot Rumpf. He created the Leatherstocking fountain in Edenkoben that we saw before, and also the Elwetritschen fountain in Neustadt.
On the other side the villa is adjacent to the forest. I think Ludwig loved his hikes in the forest.
More Travelogues (9)
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Edenkoben Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edenkoben, a Palatinate Wine Town"
- "A Wombat in Edenkoben: Vines, Villas and Wild West"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edenkoben
- 0 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Edenkoben?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edenkoben
Photos in EdenkobenSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 111 photos, 16 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Schwetzingen Intro, 97 photos, 14 travelogues
- Stuttgart Intro, 94 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 94 photos, 12 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 89 photos, 12 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues