"Wild West in Palatine: Leatherstocking Fountain" Edenkoben Travelogue by Russell_the_Wombat
Edenkoben Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 157 photos
WIld West in Edenkoben? Indeed, there is a fountain which refers to the famous "Leatherstocking" novels by James Fennimore Cooper. Cooper used a real trapper as model for his main character. This guy was a certain Johann Adam Hartmann who was born and raised in Edenkoben and emigrated to America at the age of 16.
The fountain shows Leatherstocking as a hunter with his rifle, his Indian friend Chingachgook, and we see the painter Max Slevogt drawing illustrations for the German edition of the novels.
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Edenkoben Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edenkoben, a Palatinate Wine Town"
- "A Wombat in Edenkoben: Vines, Villas and Wild West"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edenkoben
- 0 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Edenkoben?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edenkoben
Photos in EdenkobenSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 111 photos, 16 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Schwetzingen Intro, 97 photos, 14 travelogues
- Stuttgart Intro, 94 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 94 photos, 12 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 89 photos, 12 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues