"Smithills Hall near Bolton" Top 5 Page for this destination England Travelogue by gwendar
England Travel Guide: 70,776 reviews and 174,750 photos
Smithills hall is a very old building, near the town of bolton in lancashire.The hall is over 800 years old and has a lot of history,which include ghosts.the walk was on a cold november morning,It has very limited opening to the public in winter and was closed, when i was visiting so sorry no pictures of the inside.
The grounds of smithills hall are open all year and provide lots of varied pleasent views of the woodlands,and a lot of wildlife/plants
This dead fallen tree now provide a home for some very nice fungus
A short distance from the hall,the path leads down to the woodland floor,the colors of the woods are bright golds and rustic brownsl
A small stream runs through the woods,this on a very quite morning can be heard along with the birds in the trees
No real meaning to this shot, the trees are straight and still,getting ready for the winter.but still look magestic.
This shot to me somes up nature in the fall,its so full of colors,in the rear of the shot can be seen the little bridge,and the stream
A view of smithills from the front elevation, it shows the later add on's to the hall, and the front lawned area.
- See All The Cistercian Abbey of Croxden
- See All Village dinein [Slaidburn North...
- See All Egglestone Abbey
gwendar's Related Pages
England Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "England my England"
- "The Regal Lion"
- "My bit of the UK."
- "This England"
- "ENGLANDS GREEN GRANDURE"
- "THERE IS ONLY ONE ENGLAND !"
- "Enticing England"
- See All...
- Things to Do in England
- Hotels in England
- Transportation in England
- Nightlife in England
- Restaurants in England
- Shopping in England
- Warnings and Dangers in England
- See All...
Badges & Stats in England
- 162 Reviews
- 1,033 Photos
- 34 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to England?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in England
- Posted in Travel Durham Forum "Re: Time to walk to high force..."
- Wrote a Review The Cistercian Abbey of Croxden about Croxden Abbey in England Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cheddleton Flint Mill ST13 7HL "
- updated a England Travel Page "ENGLANDS GREEN GRANDURE"
- Commented on one of gwendar's England tips
- Uploaded a Video to England
Videos in EnglandSee All Videos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination England Intro, 127 reviews, 812 photos, 26 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 53 reviews, 251 photos
- Thasos Intro, 34 reviews, 223 photos, 11 travelogues
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 38 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parga Intro, 11 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thasos Island Intro, 17 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lancashire Intro, 13 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination West Mani Intro, 13 reviews, 68 photos
- Stoupa Intro, 14 reviews, 66 photos