"MT. APO (tallest in PH) in 2 days" Davao Travelogue by sanggano
Davao Travel Guide: 260 reviews and 877 photos
assembled in Davao at 4 am and took a van for Kidapawan.
started the climb at 830 a.m. and hiked 3 hours to Lake Maag (1,680 meters asl) where we took our lunch. set off at 1:30 pm and arrived at the summit (3,000 meters asl) at 5:30 pm under an intermittent drizzle. wind not too strong, moist air, temperature at 11 degrees, which dropped to 8 degrees in 4 hours.
the next day, started descent at 8 am.
TIPS: Because of the damp air, an earth mat is a must to keep dry during the night. Trekking pole and gloves recommended.
Our climb was organized by the Social Climbers, a group of Davao professionals/ businessmen in their 40's who organize and assist climbs as a hobby for a very reasonable fee. (See SocialClimbers Davao on facebook)
There are longer routes which can take 2-3 days, and have more diverse vegetation and fauna. the shorter route we took had been scorched in the 80s and is being replanted.
NOTE: Climbing permit must be obtained from the Kidapawan Mayor's office. Accredited porters recommended. The porters are from the cultural communities around Mt. Apo.
More Travelogues (1)
- See All Downtown inn
- Locally made goods
- See All 24-hour drugstore
- See All No Frills Fried Chicken
sanggano's Related Pages
Davao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iluv2surf2's new Davao Page"
- "Flora and Fauna"
- "A place I love to visit..."
- ""CONVENTION CITY OF THE SOUTH""
- "Davao...So worth it!"
- "Family Destination"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Davao
- Hotels in Davao
- Transportation in Davao
- Nightlife in Davao
- Restaurants in Davao
- Shopping in Davao
- Warnings and Dangers in Davao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Davao
- 16 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Davao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Davao
Photos in DavaoSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Davao Intro, 16 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marinduque Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Philippines 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Province of Quezon 1 review, 3 photos
- Tagaytay Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Quezon City 1 review, 1 photo
- Sydney 1 review
- Manila 1 review
- Province of Bohol 1 review
- Cebu City 1 review