"Neighbourhoods - Ribera/El-Born" Barcelona Travelogue by Martin_S.
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,904 reviews and 23,308 photos
Ribera/El-Born, sometimes listed as seperate neighbourhoods in Barcelona's old town, sometimes as part of Barri Gotic, but no matter it does have a distinct presence of its own. Many of the parts seem to be newer structures than you find in Barri Gotic as you can see in the photos.
The photo here shows the Passeig del Born, with trees in the center, benches to sit on and restaurants, coffee and ice creams shops lining the sides. All in all a nice place for a stroll.
The juxtiposition of the airplane contrails above, with the monument to soldiers with its arching metal beam on the left and the gothic church on the right was a composition I liked.
At the end of Passeig del Born is the old Mercat El-Born, today being remodeled.
A triangluar building, a very unusual shape and not seen often, I can remember one in Prague and one in New York...I would sure hate to have the "corner room".
Zohara liked the use of curtains to shade the homes here.
Brunells, a recommended pasty shop which we did NOT stop in this time, we had just finished lunch. Probably better for us not to visit later also ;O)
Okay, a photo of a door and window, nothing unusual, right !
Take a closer look, and if you don't see it, take a look at the next photo.
Yep, a SHOE, stuck in the mail slot of the door...guess FexEx, DHL and the rest have competition for "special deliveries".
- See All Sagrada Familia, design elements
- See All Palau de la Musica Catalana, cafe
- See All Placa Reial, stamps and coins
- See All Cable Cars
- See All Placa del Pi and Placa de Sant Josep...
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "The capital of County of Barcelona"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 77 Reviews
- 370 Photos
- 78 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (152)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- Posted in Travel Israel Forum "Re: Average cost of water..."
- Commented on one of Martin_S.'s Barcelona travel pages
- updated a Barcelona Travel Page "April-2008 stopover, now "just" Barcelona in 2011"
- Wrote a Review Sagrada Familia, design elements about Sagrada Familia in Barcelona Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sagrada Familia, windows I"
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (370)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues