"Neighbourhoods - Barri Gotic" Barcelona Travelogue by Martin_S.
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,904 reviews and 23,308 photos
Barri Gotic in Barcelona is the center of the old city of Barcelona and contains many of the structures and ruins of the history from this beautiful city. Everyone arrives here for the Casa de la Ciutat, Cathedral, Duquesa de Cardona, La Boqueria Market, City Musuem (MUHBA), Palau de la Generalitat, Placa Reial and the Palau de la Musica Catalana, and much more.
These are just a few random photos to show some of the other things that are not in the tour guides, but you will see as you walk the streets of old Barcelona.
This is one of the main streets in Barri Gotic, running from the Catalanya Square to the square where the cathedral is.
On the same street where it forks and you take the left for the cathedral is this water source.
Covered bridge between two buildings in a side street behind the Placa de San Jaume I.
"Just" a street lamp, even the street lamps have character and it is these small elements that give the city a vibrant power.
Now this was interesting. In the photo you see two motorcycle policemen who had stopped at an intersection. This is a totally pedestrian area with small twisting interconnected streets and we had stopped to look at our map to see if we were going in the right direction...so what was so funny you ask...well the policemen were looking at their map also, so WHO is lost.
Another water source and we actually saw people filling glasses or jugs from this one just off Rambla street.
The Romans were in Barcelona as well, just like everywhere else in the known world at the time....
So here under the city streets of Barcelona a Roman burial ground, that today sits within a small grassy park.
I would have loved to ride this one, a single wheeled bike of a different sort, not your usual unicycle. This was outside the museum of inventions, just next to city hall.
- See All Sagrada Familia, design elements
- See All Palau de la Musica Catalana, cafe
- See All Placa Reial, stamps and coins
- See All Cable Cars
- See All Placa del Pi and Placa de Sant Josep...
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "The capital of County of Barcelona"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 77 Reviews
- 370 Photos
- 78 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (152)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- Posted in Travel Israel Forum "Re: Average cost of water..."
- Commented on one of Martin_S.'s Barcelona travel pages
- updated a Barcelona Travel Page "April-2008 stopover, now "just" Barcelona in 2011"
- Wrote a Review Sagrada Familia, design elements about Sagrada Familia in Barcelona Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sagrada Familia, windows I"
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (370)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues