"The Chronicles of Vilnius" Vilnius Travelogue by Mikebond
Vilnius Travel Guide: 1,748 reviews and 3,682 photos
My Lithuanian trip began at 7.48 am on a cloudy and rainy day of June (had I not known the date, I would have supposed it was September) from the Rovigo railway station.
For an experienced train traveller like me, it was easy to reach the railway station of Bergamo, a lovely city whose charm was spoilt by the Orio al Serio airport, so that now everyone knows the airport as Milan's low-cost airport and is not aware of anything worth-seeing in Bergamo, one of the most romantic cities in the paeninsula (forget Venice!).
The Bergamo railway station is incredibly small and under-developed, especially if compared to the airport. Anyway, I bought two bus tickets for the airport. The bus trip was very fast (maybe too fast: I often felt the driver was not considering the speed-limits as worth noticing...) and uncommon. Close to me stood a group of African youngsters who spoke a mixture of French and Italian, but the weirdest thing was their perfect Bergamasque accent! That's a good example of successful integration!
When I arrived at the airport, I started feeling bad. I haven't travelled much by plane so far, but I had been to some big airports. Still, no airport had ever given me that feeling of stress and craziness as Orio al Serio did.
I had arrived with a considerable advance, so I had to wait a while before being able to have my backpack checked-in.
(to be continued)
Mikebond's Related Pages
Vilnius Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Very friendly, very historical and inexpensive :-)"
- "Vilnius - City of Churches"
- "Vilnius - mix of cultures"
- "The Wonderful Vilnius"
- "Vilnius - my grandparents' love"
- "One of my Favourite Cities"
- "THREE CAPITALS IN FIVE DAYS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vilnius
- Hotels in Vilnius
- Transportation in Vilnius
- Nightlife in Vilnius
- Restaurants in Vilnius
- Shopping in Vilnius
- Warnings and Dangers in Vilnius
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vilnius
- 4 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Vilnius?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vilnius
- Posted in Travel Estonia Forum "9-night trip to the Baltics in..."
- updated a Vilnius Travelogue "The Chronicles of Vilnius"
- Wrote a Review Non-verbal greetings in Vilnius Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Vilnius, Wilna, Vilno: a multicultural capital!"
- Commented on one of Raimix's Vilnius travel pages
Photos in VilniusSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trieste Intro, 79 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 65 reviews, 214 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 49 reviews, 187 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Augsburg Intro, 49 reviews, 149 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 46 reviews, 151 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rovigo Intro, 47 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boulogne-sur-Mer Intro, 32 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 33 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arras Intro, 25 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 61 reviews, 60 photos