"Flying with the Green Faerie - Absinthe Experience" Barcelona Travelogue by Roadquill
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,910 reviews and 23,313 photos
Theoretically one could buy a bottle of absinthe, pour it into a cup, add to tap water and voila.... you could lose a few brain cells. The Bar du Nuit for this experience is Absenta Bar in Barceloneta. The ambiance is excellent, kind of dark, lots of interesting decor, Bob Dylan playing in the background.
In a small glass, a spoon or fork is placed over the glass with a sugar cube, where the absinthe is poured over the sugar cube and then flows into the glass.
This does not do much except for add to the ambiance, but it does look cool. At this point the absinthe retains its clear yellowish, green color.
Adding the water on a 1 part water to 1 part absinthe dilutes the absinthe to a taste many prefer. I prefer a drop of water and a few ice cubes, and then allow the absinthe to tingle my tongue. The drink now turns a milky yellow.
Next is to sip your absinthe and let it flow over your tongue. The anis flavored drink will sooth your palate with its anaesthesic qualities. Best taken with friends. No one felt an urge to go Van Gogh and cut of any body parts.
- See All Surcharges for the Terrassa
- See All Placa Reial - Restos and Vibes off of La...
- See All by the Gotic Cathedral
- Photo Bombers
- Nice, upscale in Selva del mar
- Exploring Bari Gotic
Roadquill's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "The capital of County of Barcelona"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 38 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 122 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Best area to stay in London"
- Commented on one of HORSCHECK's Barcelona tips
- updated a Barcelona Travel Page "Two Tastes of Barcelona"
- Wrote a Review Surcharges for the Terrassa about Tipping / Money Matters in Barcelona Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Surcharges for the Terrassa"
- Uploaded a Video to Barcelona
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 123 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pamplona Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 44 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carcassonne Intro, 31 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues