"Day trip to Zaanse Schans Part 1" Amsterdam Travelogue by aussirose
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,686 reviews and 22,769 photos
If you want to see windmills, then this is the place to go.
I had enjoyed Gillybob's travelogue and tips on Zaansw Schans so figured that we should do a day trip here.
It's not too far from Amsterdam. Just a short train ride from Amstrerdam Central Station on the yellow line to Koog Zadijk, take the left exit and follow the signs. Takes about 20 minutes to walk it.
This is the nice windmill scenery that you see first whilst walking over the bridge.
Aparently there are 25 historic houses in which around 40 people still live and 2 working windmills still sell their products to nearby factories.
It was nice to check out the countryside outside the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam and a pleasure to get away for the day to see the windmills.
This quaint village was more than just windmills though.
The little streets were lined with beautiful houses, a nice creek and farm animals.
The first thing I noticed when we arrived was the greenery.
What made it even more nice was the creek meandering through the centre of town with cute little bridges leading to quaint little houses.
And some farm animals to complete the cute village look. :o)
More Travelogues (9)
- Tram travel is easy in Amsterdam
- Cycle pitfalls
- Grocery Shopping
- See All Best apple pie I have ever tasted!!
aussirose's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 15 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Looking for links for VT Flag..."
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "Amsterdam - Bikes, Boats and Booze"
- Commented on one of pieter_jan_v's Amsterdam tips
- Uploaded a Video to Amsterdam
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Heineken Experience FBI on the job"
- Wrote a Review Tram travel is easy in Amsterdam about Trams in Amsterdam Transportation
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (108)
Videos in AmsterdamSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 57 reviews, 168 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 35 reviews, 184 photos, 10 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 23 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 147 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues