"Bikes in Amsterdam" Amsterdam Travelogue by aussirose

Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,688 reviews and 22,711 photos

Whilst engaged in checking out the many beautiful canals in Amsterdam, one cannot help but notice the couple of zillion bikes :o)

We had a bit of a laugh at this one.

I hope the owner got his bike back safe and sound.

This nice red bike just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

I like this pic hey :o)

We saw a whole range of odd bikes.

.....including this strange pair of Taxi bikes :o)

And this nice little family bike all by itself in a back street with 2 baby seats strategically placed.

This is the first time that I had seen this type of bike. We usually have baskets in the front of ours, but this one has been built purposely to carry quite a bit of stuff. Good idea.

However I did see a couple of these bikes with kids in the front bit. I didn't think that looked too safe. I would have much rather seen them in the kiddy seat on the bike above.

Now whilst checking out the bikes and having a bit of a chuckle at some.....I was nearly gunned down by a couple of fast moving ones and obviously swarn at. I could not understand what was said....but the deliverance was enough to make me get all serious like. :o]-

Ok, I learn't the hard way that bikes have bike paths and as a rule have right of way. Pitty help poor pedestrians from overseas who just want to admire their surroundings....

Warning.... do not step an inch on the bike path!!! ;o)

Detour around the back streets and canals instead.

Many people hire bikes in Amsterdam. It's a great way to get around.

From the little time I spent in Amsterdam I learnt that you should never have a bike that looks expensive as even if you chain it to bridges or posts, parts are likely to get stolen.

Anyway, Birgit and I decided against hiring a bike. .....We already did that in Brugge.

We decided to use our good old sexy legs instead :o)

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

“A free Rose from the garden is a girl's best friend.”

Badges & Stats in Amsterdam

Have you been to Amsterdam?

Latest Activity in Amsterdam