"Bikes in Amsterdam" Amsterdam Travelogue by aussirose
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,688 reviews and 22,711 photos
We had a bit of a laugh at this one.
I hope the owner got his bike back safe and sound.
This nice red bike just happened to be in the right place at the right time.
I like this pic hey :o)
We saw a whole range of odd bikes.
.....including this strange pair of Taxi bikes :o)
And this nice little family bike all by itself in a back street with 2 baby seats strategically placed.
This is the first time that I had seen this type of bike. We usually have baskets in the front of ours, but this one has been built purposely to carry quite a bit of stuff. Good idea.
However I did see a couple of these bikes with kids in the front bit. I didn't think that looked too safe. I would have much rather seen them in the kiddy seat on the bike above.
Now whilst checking out the bikes and having a bit of a chuckle at some.....I was nearly gunned down by a couple of fast moving ones and obviously swarn at. I could not understand what was said....but the deliverance was enough to make me get all serious like. :o]-
Ok, I learn't the hard way that bikes have bike paths and as a rule have right of way. Pitty help poor pedestrians from overseas who just want to admire their surroundings....
Warning.... do not step an inch on the bike path!!! ;o)
Detour around the back streets and canals instead.
Many people hire bikes in Amsterdam. It's a great way to get around.
From the little time I spent in Amsterdam I learnt that you should never have a bike that looks expensive as even if you chain it to bridges or posts, parts are likely to get stolen.
Anyway, Birgit and I decided against hiring a bike. .....We already did that in Brugge.
We decided to use our good old sexy legs instead :o)
More Travelogues (9)
- Tram travel is easy in Amsterdam
- Cycle pitfalls
- Grocery Shopping
- See All Best apple pie I have ever tasted!!
aussirose's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 15 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: BIG SYDNEY VT MEET"
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "Amsterdam - Bikes, Boats and Booze"
- Commented on one of pieter_jan_v's Amsterdam tips
- Uploaded a Video to Amsterdam
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Heineken Experience FBI on the job"
- Wrote a Review Tram travel is easy in Amsterdam about Trams in Amsterdam Transportation
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (108)
Videos in AmsterdamSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 57 reviews, 168 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 35 reviews, 184 photos, 10 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 147 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues