"VT Meet Amsterdam - the sightseeing bit" Amsterdam Travelogue by aussirose
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,653 reviews and 22,706 photos
The great thing about vt meets is that you get to hang out with the locals and the locals get to play tourist for the day and appreciate what makes their neck of the woods interesting and fun for us tourists.
PJ, being the King of VT meets knows his neck of the woods backwards! And certainly played the professional tourist guide right down to taking us to those big clogs I had seen PJ wearing in one of his pix somewhere :o)
Of course vt meets are never without cameras. You never know what a vt'er may capture on film and there's no point in hiding..... as there'll be another vt'er lurking in the shadows to capture that too :o)
So my advice is to just bite the bullet and do something totally crazy, like standing in those humongous clogs above....and enjoy the paperatzi moment!!! lol :o)
Oh and rain does not stop us either.... haha.
Tip! - When you have a new expensive toy.....make sure you stand under cover when it rains to check out your photos ;o)
Ok, back to the sights. PJ and Swant were well equipped for the day. They had plan A, B and C to cover all weather aspects, delays and unforseen stuff.
We were just happy to be with our friends and enjoy the whole experience. It wouldn't have mattered to us what was planned. However we know and appreciate the amount of work that goes into a vt meet whether it be big or small.
This was an amazingly quiet part of Amsterdam. You wouldn't think that there would be such a place?...but there is!
The buildings here are very old and kept in tip-top condition.
Contemplating this pic, seems like this lady is a local because she is obviously taking her dog for a walk.
She stopped and was silent for a few minutes, just looking at the statue. I wonder what her thoughts were? The dog was not impressed. He obviously wanted to be at home and out of the rain.
Of course there's always a group shot at every vt meet :o)
And the rain held off for the occasion!
PJ..... have you been hiding something?
Nah!!!..... could not be!! ...PJ has his own sports shop?....
But wait!...... there's one small thing....
Ah, yes! ...the spelling..... LOL.
Bit like Howie and I..... our last name Meyer could be associated with a Department Store..... but for the dammmd spelling! haha...
More Travelogues (9)
- Tram travel is easy in Amsterdam
- Cycle pitfalls
- Grocery Shopping
- See All Best apple pie I have ever tasted!!
aussirose's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 15 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (101)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: So long, and thanks for all..."
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "Amsterdam - Bikes, Boats and Booze"
- Commented on one of pieter_jan_v's Amsterdam tips
- Uploaded a Video to Amsterdam
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Heineken Experience FBI on the job"
- Wrote a Review Tram travel is easy in Amsterdam about Trams in Amsterdam Transportation
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (108)
Videos in AmsterdamSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 57 reviews, 168 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 35 reviews, 184 photos, 10 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 23 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 147 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues