"VT Meet Amsterdam - the sightseeing bit" Amsterdam Travelogue by aussirose

Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,686 reviews and 22,765 photos

The great thing about vt meets is that you get to hang out with the locals and the locals get to play tourist for the day and appreciate what makes their neck of the woods interesting and fun for us tourists.

PJ, being the King of VT meets knows his neck of the woods backwards! And certainly played the professional tourist guide right down to taking us to those big clogs I had seen PJ wearing in one of his pix somewhere :o)

Of course vt meets are never without cameras. You never know what a vt'er may capture on film and there's no point in hiding..... as there'll be another vt'er lurking in the shadows to capture that too :o)

So my advice is to just bite the bullet and do something totally crazy, like standing in those humongous clogs above....and enjoy the paperatzi moment!!! lol :o)

Oh and rain does not stop us either.... haha.

Tip! - When you have a new expensive toy.....make sure you stand under cover when it rains to check out your photos ;o)

Ok, back to the sights. PJ and Swant were well equipped for the day. They had plan A, B and C to cover all weather aspects, delays and unforseen stuff.

We were just happy to be with our friends and enjoy the whole experience. It wouldn't have mattered to us what was planned. However we know and appreciate the amount of work that goes into a vt meet whether it be big or small.

This was an amazingly quiet part of Amsterdam. You wouldn't think that there would be such a place?...but there is!

The buildings here are very old and kept in tip-top condition.

Contemplating this pic, seems like this lady is a local because she is obviously taking her dog for a walk.

She stopped and was silent for a few minutes, just looking at the statue. I wonder what her thoughts were? The dog was not impressed. He obviously wanted to be at home and out of the rain.

Of course there's always a group shot at every vt meet :o)

And the rain held off for the occasion!

What's this?!!

PJ..... have you been hiding something?

Nah!!!..... could not be!! ...PJ has his own sports shop?....

But wait!...... there's one small thing....

Ah, yes! ...the spelling..... LOL.

Bit like Howie and I..... our last name Meyer could be associated with a Department Store..... but for the dammmd spelling! haha...

Next Travelogue

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Hi Ann, Did you had some AMsterdam leftovers? I still have to finish Bergamo :) PJ

• aussirose's Profile Photo
      Jan 16, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Actually what I'm doing is going through all my Europe pages and linking them together as in a whole trip blog. Also linking travelogues as well so that it makes it easier for the reader to go to the next one. It's been nice because I get to re-live the memories which is made even better by comments from you and others. So thanks again mate!! xx

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
      Jan 16, 2013 at 3:22 AM

Linking; I love that! PJ

aussirose

“A free Rose from the garden is a girl's best friend.”

Badges & Stats in Amsterdam

Have you been to Amsterdam?

Latest Activity in Amsterdam